B&W cm6 s2

Well I sold my cm1s and was thinking of upgrading to the cm5s , so I had my eyes and interest in a couple of pairs in which I was deciding on and preparing for a courier service , until , I stumbled across a pair of cm6 series 2 . 

Second hand of course with a few months of light use and they will be coming with the 5 year warranty.

Laid down a lump sum of a deposit and will be happily picking up next week .... 

1/2 an hour of listening I was hooked .. my first major purchase of a standmount of this caliber :) 

just had to share ..

IMG_3133.JPG

• Like 7

Thanks for sharing mate.:thumb: These are a very classy speaker and I think you will get many happy years of great music from them.

It's always a fantastic feeling getting your first pair of premium speakers.  If you can, try to get  some decent ( but not crazy priced ) speaker cables, especially on the FS section here and they will sing wonderfully well

Enjoy:)

Edited by rantan
  • Like 1

Just now, Diynamic said:

@rantan definitely will be looking into to cables as well as stands , they do not come cheap . I may have to look further into a generic style of b&w stand mount .

Definitely. Stands make a huge difference, so if you can start of with something modest and then get some funds together over time for some heavy and rigid stands, you will be greatly rewarded. I have the B&W PM1 speakers,which have dedicated stands and when I first bought the speaker and stands together, I was grumbling about the cost, but after hearing them both ways, I am really pleased I spent the cash, but don't be in a rush and look upon it as a future upgrade because it really is !

Cheers

• Like 2

I'm very thankful to a pair of CM6's, before for my current system was built, I bought a pair of these for my older system, replacing my CM5's, and straight out of the box, one had a crossover problem so they went back the next day, and I bought a AV-8801 instead, and that purchase led me to a complete system change. 

Edited by Sime

11 minutes ago, Diynamic said:

West coast hifi - Osborne park .

These were traded , roughly 80 hours from the previous owner , so I got them very much under half the standered price . 

Very nice! Beautiful speakers. 

How do you find they sound compared to the CM1s? 

What stands did you get with them? 

Thanks

@acampbell I do have a large square room where the cm1s didn't really perform in that area in the bottem end .Not saying they didn't do the job as they were really great speakers and would get them again in a different room .

The cm6 totally transformed the music in a soundstage even at low volume and had enough bottem end to compensate the room acoustics ..

I would have to say the sugden a21a -ps audio gcph - black 2m cartridge plays a huge roll in overall playback ..

As for stands hahah , yesterday I got myself two large limestone blocks and limestone caps , used some exercise roam rubber from a mat to place the speakers on .. that will do for a little while , they were 40kg each and was not able to get the correct width as same as the speaker , too heavy at the time .

IMG_3153.JPG

4 minutes ago, Diynamic said:

@david256 cheers for the link  I will look into these over the weekend , nice one.

That's fine they come in different sizes, 200x200×15mm @$9.95 for a packet of 2, the Larger ones that I have in the link are 300x350x45mm @ $24.00ea and are heavy as a brick, dense but quite soft.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Guest OldSchool1

CM6 S2 lacks the bottom. Also I found the sound to be too clean. Generally not my cup of tea.

I think dynaudio focus 160 is worth an audition.

15 minutes ago, yubin said:

CM6 S2 lacks the bottom. Also I found the sound to be too clean. Generally not my cup of tea.

I think dynaudio focus 160 is worth an audition.

I found the bottem end to be very controlled and on the spot with most of what I played through the sugden , however I auditioned a pair of pmc twenty 22 and I'm sold to them ... 

• 2 weeks later...