A strange ebay situation

Hate ebay with a passion - have had too many dodgy customers recently and not keen to sell on there again in a hurry!
Need to find local audio classifieds ideally - but dead currently probably till school starts up.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I know with RC cars they buy from interstate, do all of the shipping then claim via pay pal its not as described...you're forced to do a reversal and you get your car back with good parts replaced with shitty parts...tricky to prove at that point.

Hi all, could you tell them to file a police report and then the police could contact eBay for your details and then contact you? There must be a procedure between eBay and Police regarding potentially stolen goods (that must pop up all the time)?

That way you're dealing with police about a legitimate concern rather than dealing with randoms?

Or am I living in dreamland (as usual) and things don't work out so easily lol

Cheers ! :-)

26 minutes ago, Em84 said:

Hi all, could you tell them to file a police report and then the police could contact eBay for your details and then contact you? There must be a procedure between eBay and Police regarding potentially stolen goods (that must pop up all the time)?

That way you're dealing with police about a legitimate concern rather than dealing with randoms?

Or am I living in dreamland (as usual) and things don't work out so easily lol

Cheers ! :-)

I believe what happens in this situation is that the police put their fingers in their ears and go "lalalalalala....... ooh look a P Plater......" :P

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Martykt said:

I believe what happens in this situation is that the police put their fingers in their ears and go "lalalalalala....... ooh look a P Plater......" :P

Truer words never spoken haha

• Like 3

On 17/01/2017 at 6:58 PM, rantan said:

What I have found when buying and selling online is that you always figure you know of any scam that exists, but there is always another just around the corner that makes you go WTF ?

Since I have been reading this thread I have become even more wary than usual.

A case in point:

I listed some speakers on Gumtree and received a message from a guy who said he would like to buy them ( subject to audition ) and then pay me a cash deposit to hold them for 2 weeks. I said that was fine and he is coming here later this week, essentially to take out a "Lay by". I have looked a every aspect of this with my scam-ometer, but if I still have the speakers and his cash deposit, nothing can go wrong ............right??

I don't even bother with gumtree most of the time, so many time wasters looking to get something worth $xxx for $x it's ridiculous some of the offers you get on there.

15 hours ago, M J W said:

I don't even bother with gumtree most of the time, so many time wasters looking to get something worth $xxx for $x it's ridiculous some of the offers you get on there.

Actually, I have had some good success on GT, both buying and selling. In one case I sold an item for my asking price in 2 days and I had only lowball offers on here. IMO, it's just the luck of the draw and happenstance

• Like 1