wooferocau

Oppo 203 vs Panasonic UB900

104 posts in this topic

Just now, JSmith said:

Um, which forum... AVS, AVF etc.?

I'm interested to read it and can't find it mate.

JSmith :ninja:

Avs forum, knock yourself out ....

Please support our sponsors by clicking on their banners:

2 minutes ago, :) al said:

Avs forum, knock yourself out ....

Cheers,

JSmith :ninja:

QUOTE from :) al's first post on describing his first impressions of the Panny.

One thing I picked up straight off for instance ... and this might mean something to people and might not. the oppo like just about every brand blu-ray player in the last few years ... since the conception of 3D has a screen size setting. Not that it is totally clear what that does..and given my projector also has it appears a facility which I will explore. But have always without thought bunged in the screen size in the player...so bit of a surprise to not find it any place on the pana. Something will report through to panasonic.

I think I've found the answer to this when reading other peoples finding on the 3D version of Dr Strange, which has fine 3D in parts, but absolutely horrible 3D in others.

I've since read that this effect is called 'Floating Window', an explanation in the link below.

http://3droundabout.com/2011/11/5430/the-basics-of-shooting-stereoscopic-3d-part-3-edge-violations-and-floating-windows.html

I suggest trying the  3D version of Dr Strange  and see if you suffer the same problem I did firstly without any adjustment, and then with adjustment of that screen size setting parameter, and see if there is a improvement.

This is the first disc in my 100+ 3D collection in which this unwanted effect has been so prominent, so it would be nice to know if there is a possible cure.

16 hours ago, Tweaky said:

This is the first disc in my 100+ 3D collection in which this unwanted effect has been so prominent, so it would be nice to know if there is a possible cure.

hehe how very interesting tweaky ! I have to be honest not come across any issues with 3D have checked out...but then dont have dr strange and probably not a title id get... so hopefully not something come across in future titles... interesting finding though :) thanks for posting as a headsup