Banana Plugs , which ones and why?

Guest Terence Hill

Guest jakeyb77
15 minutes ago, TEZZA said:

Just looking for some general advise/feedback on Banana Plugs for speaker connections.

You can get pretty good Nakamichi ones on eBay and they have served me very well.

Hi, If you want set to use and if they are the type you require--I can send you these to keep--I have 8 still sealed unused

Just send me $15 as Friend on PP --I'll Post free.

Over to you

Willco

Banana.jpg

• Like 1

Bare wire is good as has been mentioned, but if you want to use banana plugs, I recommend and have used the Audio Note Silver plated and am a fan.

Prep your cable well use high quality solder and finish with some heat shrink of your choice.

These are well priced v the quality.

Image result for audio note silver banana plugs

Edited by BobbyD
spelling

The Audio Note ones are nice, have used them in the past myself. 

The advice I'd give is that depending on budget, some of the cheaper ones including the Nakamichi ones on eBay are a plated brass (i.e. very low conductivity). Ideally if you can get something that is copper-based (or silver) you'll achieve a better result. 

• Like 4

Guest Terence Hill
52 minutes ago, pete_mac said:

The Multi-Contact low mass BFA-style bananas are great.

Thanks Pete, I'm going to give a set of the BFA style a trial.

I've been interested in them due to the larger contact area than other types.

Bare wire is good as has been mentioned, but if you want to use banana plugs, I recommend and have used the Audio Note Silver plated and am a fan.
Prep your cable well use high quality solder and finish with some heat shrink of your choice.
These are well priced v the quality.

audio_note_an-spx_27_standard_pure_silver_speaker_cable_with_banana_connectors_pair_13_.jpgcon-060_banana_plug_01.jpg

Do you think the cables and parts on the TL-audio site a genuine? the audionote cables seem really cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Telepathy

11 minutes ago, misternavi said:

Do you think the cables and parts on the TL-audio site a genuine? the audionote cables seem really cheap.

Don't know Ivan,  I just grabbed a quick image from the net to show the plugs.

I have always purchased from Audio Note Aust, you know what you are getting, great to deal with and price v value is very good.

You can feel the weight of the AN plugs, meaning they have a lot of silver coating and copper v some cheaper plugs. 

Cheers

Edited by BobbyD

Don't know Ivan,  I just grabbed a quick image from the net to show the plugs.
I have always purchased from Audio Note Aust, you know what you are getting, great to deal with and price v value is very good.
You can feel the weight of the AN plugs, meaning they have a lot of silver coating and copper v some cheaper plugs. 

Cheers

how much did the plugs cost?

I cannot recall the price, perhaps use their website to contact them for a price.

They are the real deal plugs and sure you will be happy with them.

regards....

2 hours ago, misternavi said:

As genuine a fake as ever I have seen.

• 2 weeks later...