WITHDRAWN OR RELISTED: RELIST: Audio Research VSi60 integrated valve amplifier

Item: Audio Research VSi60 integrated valve amplifier
Price: $3800 or reasonable offer ($8495 retail)
Item Condition: 9.5/10
Reason for selling: Need more versatility
Payment Method: Paypal
Extra Info:

Relisting - I let the trail go cold after I first listed this, time to move it on now.

The ARC brand and the VSi60 don't need much introduction from me here!

I bought this new from Carlton Audio Video in March 2016 or thereabouts.  You'll find many highly positive reviews of this online.  It does not have an hours counter, but I'd estimate I've put no more than 50 hours on the valves.  It has the original valve complement: 4 x Tungsol KT120 and 2 x Sovtek 6H30.

This model is still current in the ARC range, retailing at $8495 on the CAV site.  The bigger brother VSi75 (KT150 valves) retails at $13495, so did not replace the VSi60 in the ARC range.

The ARC VSi60 is perhaps not the prettiest-looking valve amp you ever saw (it still glows nicely in a darker room), but it sings beautifully!  It has plenty of oomph to drive trickier speakers, but I've had it on an easy reasonably efficient speaker load.  It has the lovely ARC valve sound - reasonably neutral while still displaying some classical valve wamth.  I am not replacing it for better sound (I don't think it can be beaten by much at this price point)  - instead I need an amp that can also do some HT duties, and I have tired of swapping speaker cables around to listen to music again!

I still have the box, and of course include the remote, power cord, manual.

Happy to demo to genuinely interested buyers.

Aside: Eagle-eyed viewers may noticed that I have futzed with the serial number using Photoshop (paranoid type)

Pictures:

vsi60-1.jpg

vsi60-2.jpg

vsi60-3.jpg

Edited by gram
relisting
  • Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...