Phil Collins "The Singles" 4LP box set. Anyone heard it??

Hey fellow music lovers!!

has anyone heard the new Phil Collins "The Singles" vinyl box set?? It's at my local JB hi fi and I wanted to take advantage of the 20% off deal today but wanted to know how good the pressing was etc before I bought it. 

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/Whats-Hot/rock-pop/singles-the-vinyl/977833/

Thanks

JH

I haven't heard it yet but I've bought Phil's newly remastered albums with him as an old bloke on the new covers for the Take A Look At Me Now series . If the singles box is the same remastering and same pressing company then go for it as the re-issued lps are uniformly bloody good.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yep they are well done indeed in terms of pressings and the quality of the box-set presentation.  The list of songs would be what I'd suggest people review before purchasing. Some songs I would have preferred not included and others of his to be included.  But that's the same for many other 'collections' I suppose. Just my taste, can't get into his later stuff.  Up to But Seriously he was on song IMO.

• Like 1

I bought the 3 of the remastered albums - But Seriously, Face Value and No Jacket Required. They 2 later titles sound quite favourable compared to earlier uk pressings. The Seriously double LP is significantly better than the us pressing in terms of dynamics, as expected. I like the fact that my all time PC favourite song Do You Remember is arranged/printed as first track on one of the sides. All in all I think they were worthwhile purchases. 

I was persuaded to buy the singles box set after the shop offered it at 100 bucks instead of the price tag $125. Later I found that all  other places were selling them at 100 bucks too...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jt301 said:

Has anyone compared the remaster to the originals? I have his first 3 solo albums on LP and his remaining albums on CD. Just wondering if it's worthwhile picking these up.

Yep, i've got the originals and the remasters. The remasters are uniformly excellent, each one is better than my UK original lps and Dance Into The light which never had a vinyl issue is a top notch double lp. Highly recommended.

• Like 1