Auralic Aries or Fidelizer Nimitra as Roon endpoint?

Hi,

I'm seeking some opinions/advice on upgrading my Roon-based set up.

I currently have a Dell laptop (I5 processor, Windows 10) connected to my main system. I'm running Roon Server and HQ player on that machine. Music files are on NAS in the study.

After the best part of a year with Roon and having decided I'm sticking with it, it's time to get rid of the laptop (and it's fan noise) from my loungeroom. The two similarly priced options I'm thinking about are:

(1) Fidelizer Nimitra + LPS, with HQ player in the main system with Roon Server running either on Nimitra or on the laptop relocated to the study.

(2) Auralic Aries (the "step-up" version with LPS) in the main system with Roon Server on laptop in study.

(It's probably worth adding that if the Roon Server remained on the laptop I would ultimately be looking to upgrade that to something headless/fanless, most likely a Sonic Transporter from Small Green Computer.)

Any thoughts welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by tastimp

Have you considered a Sonore microRendu or SOtM SMS200 as end point with Roon server on the laptop (in the study)? They are very neat solutions.

I had considered the microRendu but I need something that will connect to the network wirelessly so ruled it out. I notice that wireless connectivity is in the pipeline for the SMS200 so that is now in the picture. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

• 2 months later...

Having just upgraded from a bluesound node 2 to an Aries- I would strongly recommend the aries. 

It's great and sounds significantly better than my bluesound.  I have the LE version with a geiseler psu 

Software is good too, might even be good enough to replace roon