Guardian of the Galaxy vol 2

Looking forward to it. Saw the first one at the cinema and left a little disappointed but having watched it a couple of times since, I like it more and more each time. I think my error the first time was in expecting another 'Avengers' style movie. GOTG is still a superhero movie, but more fun and a little less 'polished'.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

From trailer looks like Mantis will be introduced in this movie, but no signs of Moondragon. 

The more exciting news is the release of the songs to be in the next awesome tape mix.

guardiansofthegalaxy2-soundtrack-setlist.thumb.jpg.57e9e77c17967b930d8fc0642eaef0a6.jpg

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, LHC said:

From trailer looks like Mantis will be introduced in this movie, but no signs of Moondragon. 

The more exciting news is the release of the songs to be in the next awesome tape mix.

guardiansofthegalaxy2-soundtrack-setlist.thumb.jpg.57e9e77c17967b930d8fc0642eaef0a6.jpg

Its on the must have list.......     

Now why would a Hollywood movie use the track "Chain" by Fleetwood Mac?

Love that track....... 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Saw last night and enjoyed thoroughly 

doesn't take itself too seriously like the original, some of the banter between the casts is gloriously funny , as mentioned Drax . 

Couple of so-so bits , yet another big battle at the end, and some of the cgi for what I'm guessing was a big budget movie, looked ver hokey - young ego, old ego weird. 

Ii is just me or is the sovereign hi priestess hot. 

How owe funny is the first monster battle. 

• Like 1

I went to see an ELO concert back in the 80s Sydney open air 

The laser was amazing 

Yep I also liked the first movie for its banter and if time permits I will watch this one as well 

From all reports, that little tree creature is extremely cute 

He is Baby Groot 

Edited by Full Range

On 12/4/2016 at 7:45 PM, betocool said:

Saw Vol.1 on the plane about a year or so ago, just to pass the time. I was pleasantly surprised.

Maybe should watch it again soon methinks.

*goes to check the online listing*

I thought the same thing. Trust me: Don't watch it a second time. I agree, a fun movie. Once. It doesn't stand up to a second viewing particularly well. Not sure why. 

2 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I thought the same thing. Trust me: Don't watch it a second time. I agree, a fun movie. Once. It doesn't stand up to a second viewing particularly well. Not sure why. 

I'm the opposite. I didn't think much of it after the first watch, but caught it on TV earlier this year and found it more enjoyable. Then watched it again on blu-ray a few weeks ago and liked it a bit more again.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw last night, one of the only modern movies that I wasn't checking the time to see when finished so I could listen to some music.:) Sad to see a legend of Hong Kong cinema and a trail blazer for female action heroes in only an extremely small bit part. I am thinking the director was a fan of hers and probably had a bigger role in mind but had to compromise with the studio.

its great if you set your brain to fast forward anything to do with kurt russell

also i see the "main" character as fading away and could be played by anyone as the "real" stars shine.. too bad the blue guy died.

no where near as good as the first but skip key makes it acceptable.