Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

Guest Hensa

Yeah some antagonistic angles and curves there.Very strange that the plinth is not square to the deck-unless that is just an odd camera angle.

The Garrard 301 is not a square design so the only way to have the side edges running parallel to the plinth is to have sides with the same degree of angle such as below:

EDIT: Pic borrowed from the web.

post-109782-0-24717100-1466467450_thumb.

I reckon 4kimura's looks stunning but can understand it's very much an eye of the beholder type of thing.

Edited by Hensa

Guest Hensa

@@Hensa i like your choice of the sample plinth ;) love their horns

Not mine sadly! Just grabbed a pic from the net to highlight the angles on the 301.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not mine sadly! Just grabbed a pic from the net to highlight the angles on the 301.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but you do know their slate plinthed idlers right? can't say im a fan but im sure in person they'd look beeaudiful

How long has this Canuck Mart looking place been around? 

A very very very long time. Almost as long as Audiogon.

I can buy the same amp when avail in from Japan for less than half of that price shipped. 

Edited by liteneasy

Well the parent website Canuckaudiomart use to be only for Canada, which they extended over to the US. It was only about 5 years ago at least from memory they added a Aussie sub-section.

Sold an Apollo on there after it languished here for a fair while so you do get some results from it.

That's the same flipper on eBay who always has Accuphase/Technics amps etc...

It sold for $3500USD on Japanese auction site, he probably doesn't even have the amp yet as he used the Japanese auction site pictures

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w139417199

Edited by aasza

it's a psychological thing i guess. studies have revealed that the first price you see get engraved in your brain as being the first available data on the product. once you bring the price down to an eighth, you feel better about buying it as though you've scored something.

• Like 1

Guest yamaha_man

Sold an Apollo on there after it languished here for a fair while so you do get some results from it.

I sold my TAD Reference One speakers through there.

Realistic Minimus 25 speakers.

These are fantastic sounding  little speakers.Great for a small room.Quite easy to drive.Very open and expressive sounding .The Realistic Minimus 7s get all the praise but these are probably better.

Canberra area.I owned a pair and preferred them to both Rogers LS3/5a and Proac Tablettes.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Realistic-Minimus-25-Speakers-with-Original-boxes-/371657184397?hash=item56887e948d:g:MdgAAOSw6kxXIdql

Except the Minimus 7 has an actual tweeter; not a jacked up cone midrange driver.  Unless treble resolution isn't a priority; best avoided.

Except the Minimus 7 has an actual tweeter; not a jacked up cone midrange driver.  Unless treble resolution isn't a priority; best avoided.

Nothing wrong with cone tweeters.Call them inverted domes,sprinkle them with some exotic material and sell them for $500 each.

If you google these you will see that people who have both these and the Minimus 7 prefer these.

Nothing wrong with cone tweeters.Call them inverted domes,sprinkle them with some exotic material and sell them for $500 each.

If you google these you will see that people who have both these and the Minimus 7 prefer these.

Sorry mate; my post probably came off a bit gruff...

I have had both; kept the 7s ditched the 25s. Can't get with the roll of of either these or AR8s for the same reason. Different strokes for different folks and all that...

... But beware the man in the Crosby Sweater.

Sorry mate; my post probably came off a bit gruff...

I have had both; kept the 7s ditched the 25s. Can't get with the roll of of either these or AR8s for the same reason. Different strokes for different folks and all that...

... But beware the man in the Crosby Sweater.

Not a fan of AR speakers. Must be wrong :P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sold my TAD Reference One speakers through there.

YM, correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember your ad and it might of been there when I had the Rega cdp FS. Did you have something else up FS there around that time?

# Sorry for going a bit off topic all you readers of this thread.

aasza will pull us back into line.

Guest yamaha_man

YM, correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember your ad and it might of been there when I had the Rega cdp FS. Did you have something else up FS there around that time?

# Sorry for going a bit off topic all you readers of this thread.

aasza will pull us back into line.

Had them listed there twice mate, first time l had 2 buyers in the first week and then l got sellers remorse.

Listed them a month or so later for 10k more then previously and they sold in a week.