Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

I outgunned the bastard! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think my mum would have words with you about that.

See if you can keep up with my next bid ;) 

:popcorn:

c'mon lads, stick to the topic,

you know some members get a little grumpy with the off topic posts

My wife organised 2 tickets to Black Sabbath for me!

Oh sorry.....

• Like 1

I like the 7 watchers.

Watching for what, a change of heart and an open to lowballers offer session?

What is a non lowballers offer for this? 20? 17? 22500?

I wonder what the trade-in value would be on this to a dealer, 14 or 15 ?

Bit like in the SNA classified:

This is the best sounding bla bla I have ever owned, however........

Hearin ya.   Apple of my eye/forced and regrettable sale/system won't be the same......jada  jada.

If the bit of kit is *so* good, then why is it being sold ??

It is quite believable if people say, ' I was very interested in this bit of kit and had read the many positive reviews.  

I bought it and after a few months of listening, it is not integrating/gelling etc with the rest of my gear and so I will continue the search'.  It is potentially a better match with XXXX  but it may be my room acoustics'.

I also wonder why people buy large speakers and then say that they do not have SAF and therefore have to be sold (the speakers I mean).   Really???   That sounds risky................or embellished.

just my 2 cents

Edited by peterr

[VIC] Harman Kardon PM655 Vxi Integrated Amplifier - Melbourne local pickup only

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Harman-Kardon-Amplifier-PM665-Vxi-Vintage-Audiophile/152050071640?

currently $102.5

If it is anything like my PM640 Vxi it will need its pots (eg volume, balance, tone) cleaned out every few years with some sort of electrical clean and lube to keep it sounding good. Otherwise it can develop noise issues.

Moving away from hardware for a minute - Anyone interested in Abbe May might want to look at this auction, a good deal for $20:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/152057743552

"Clearing out the music collection this week,
here is something for a Abbe May fan.
I bought this album set off her after a show last year.
Never been played, full album set.

3x CD's  - Kiss My Apocalypse, The Devil, Design Desire.

1x "014" numbered limited edition pink vinyl 45rpm single, with A side Karmageddon, B side Sex Tourette's.

$20 with free postage, grab a bargain this set cost me $50"

marantz SR 18 avr [PERTH]

Heard the SR range (sr12, sr14 etc.) from marantz is supposed to be quite good?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/stirling/home-theatre-systems/marantz-sr18ks-receiver-dv-18-dvd-player-thx-ultra-certified/1108674699

I had the option a few years back to buy the SR12 S1 but being in-experienced and falling to peer group pressure I passed it up.

I later realised these are meant to be quit well regarded.

Edited by MIKE.D79

Guest jakeyb77

[sA] various vintage speakers - some desirable

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hallett-cove/speakers/high-end-vintage-speaker-collection/1086408283

eg 

Gale GS-401c

Quad ESL-63

various Tannoy

I don't know if they are great buys, but they are interesting.

This guy I don't trust. Started advertising gear as "selling for a friend who was a Hifi collector". Was shady on information. Would discuss options on price and get responses like "I can't really negotiate price as its for my friend". I wasn't low balling just seeing if multiples would reduce at all. Then it turns out it's a guy who is just flipping stuff which is fine but be up front. If you have stuff to sell say so and if the price is the price say so too. But in saying that it looks like great hear. He's just a pain in the ass to deal with.... My two cents.