Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

Brisbane

TEAC MODEL 850 Studio Half Inch Four Track Recorder / Reproducer $250

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/jamboree-heights/other-audio/teac-model-850-studio-half-inch-four-track-recorder-reproducer/1101359978

Analog bargin !!!!

I'd buy that if it were local. I don't have anywhere to put it... but I'd still buy it anyway :D

nope, no other sansui lovers here, move along

I understand the frustration but sometimes it is the only way of getting an idea of a market price/valuation. I may need to do so soon

I'm from the UK and the equivalent hifi fora have close on 20,000 members. So lots of equipment and variety so there's a way of checking asking prices (along with completed listings on eBay).

I have Krell CD/DAC KPS-20i which in its day (probably 15 years ago) was among the top 5 best CD players in the world. It cost new (I got it s/hand) when it came out £10,000. Yes ten thousand. I might sell to have a change but that decision depends on what price I might get. How do you do,that without putting an arbitrary figure as EOI?

They are rare enough in the UK .

The problem is you are not  able to use EOI in the way you intend.

In the GUIDELINES FOR USE OF THE FOR SALE FORUMS ,on this site it states 

"EOI: Insert Item Name Here" For Expressions of Interest thread. - PLEASE NOTE - Expressions of Interest posts MUST include an asking price. Your thread will not be approved if you do not include a price.

Plus 

* Price and price conditions (such as negotiable, non-negotiable, will or will not consider selling items separately, no "make an offer").

So it appears to me that you are not able to use EOI ,to get an idea of Market value ,as even using EOI you have to put a price and you can't ask for members to "make an offer"

If you have no idea of the value of your item you could list it on an Auction site and let the Market decide.

Still can't see the point of EOI. If you have an asking price and members say they would be prepared to buy it for that price  and you then do not want to sell, your just wasting their time and yours.

Yep - I saw those constraints in the guidelines. I could just put a price on it and leave it there. If someone wanted to just offer me lower anyway I'm sure they would pm

Ebay easier in that respect - buy it now with a make an offer option - but their fees stink!