qwerter

Headphone amp for Audeze LCD3

30 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, alphanumerix1 said:

the taurus mkII can be had for $1600ish new apposed to the double the price of the 800i so i'm leaning towards that.

I think that's an excellent combo.  As I mentioned earlier Addicted To Audio told me that the Taurus was voiced for the LCD3's, and it certainly showed when I listened to them.

On 11/21/2016 at 0:06 PM, Ray H said:

I had a pair and used them with the Auralic Taurus mkii. plenty of power to drive them well, nice sound signature that gels with the Audeze house sound, ie it's not too rolled off on top, has good detail and good bass control. They can be picked up for circa $1 - $1.5 k too.

I bought Ray's Taurus and couldn't be happier. Balanced mode works better for me than unbalanced.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Kaynin said:

I think that's an excellent combo.  As I mentioned earlier Addicted To Audio told me that the Taurus was voiced for the LCD3's, and it certainly showed when I listened to them.

2 hours ago, Citroen said:

I bought Ray's Taurus and couldn't be happier. Balanced mode works better for me than unbalanced.

What dac are you using with this combo?

DAC?

I mainly use a turntable! :)

But DAC's I have used it with are whatever the module is in my pre-amp (McIntosh C2500) and also my Metrum Octave II.  

3 hours ago, alphanumerix1 said:

What dac are you using with this combo?

I didn't end up buying this set-up, went with something different, was using a CD player provided by A2A when doing the comparisons, which I don't remember what it was.