What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

11 minutes ago, spider™ said:

@Full Range just wait until you go on your next holiday....you'll take your old toothbrush (old faithful) and spend the day going....'my teeth are filthy'....and when you return home you'll get to experience 'dentist clean' again!

I am taking it with me on the next cruise to NZ :love

3 hours ago, Diynamic said:

Found a $10 CD player today , thought oh yeah marantz cd5000 think I've read up on that ! 

Plugged it in and very nice , compared to the mhdt Havana dac  (modded) it sounds very similar . Baragain .. 

IMG_2436.JPG

10 bucks 10 bucks you mongrel and you've nerve post about it :P;) I was eyeing one one on fleabay for $160

2 minutes ago, MC240 said:

10 bucks 10 bucks you mongrel and you've nerve post about it :P;) I was eyeing one one on fleabay for $160

Well I'm not even sure it has the stick dac inside haha , sounds good enough , I posted on the diy threads and asked for some info ...

• Like 1

Guest AudioMusic1234

Hi All, 

Picked a cookbook stand from Victoria's Basement for only $9.00 that perfectly fits a album cover.

1_89620_400_400.jpg

They're still in stock if you're looking for a bargain priced Album stand.

http://www.victoriasbasement.com.au/Product/Details/89620/rick-stein-kitchen-and-home-wooden-cookbook-stand

Cheers,

Ben

Edited by AudioMusic1234

Not today but about a month ago I pre-ordered this online (but forgot to mention it here!).........featuring B-sides, outakes, some interviews and other versions of some of their hits.......nice looking package, should be fun! :thumb: Wasn't cheap........:PDevo_RDNA_Store_Visual_Emergency_Codes_Square_Sleeves.png.8a74fbae6086b5e5140f2a875633c437.png

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased this recently on ebay (NM Dutch first pressing): 599583a949c14_TheTheInfectedcover1.jpg.34f33441c1944e33f7cba494141ff84a.jpg                                                     I already have this one: 599583ed66752_TheTheInfectedcover2.jpg.5185c51a94abceebaaab58183ebb39e4.jpg (UK .'Limited Edition'), also bought second hand. It sounded great but condition was a bit too crackly to be truly enjoyable......I think I got a refund on that one. :)  A truly great album!:thumb:

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

I use to pound the OP shops but found only 50% were in good or better condition. These days new only. CDs is a different matter. But of the 50% remaining I have some absolute beauties and for $2 an LP it was still good value. 

Fortunely I was only ever after classical and found often the good ones were in very good condition. Not only that you are helping out those less fortunate than myself. 

• Like 3

Ah, the bass drop on Under the Influence of the Chem's Surrender (track 2) is making me laugh out loud......frickin great!

Jamie XX, heard good things....I'm trying to put at least 50% of my record purchases to be 'new' recordings I don't have, I've never owned any Cure before either, whilst the other 50% is building up my 'classics'.

Next ones up....the La's and some Iron & Wine at this stage!

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like 3

On 18/08/2017 at 4:44 PM, spider™ said:

Ah, the bass drop on Under the Influence of the Chem's Surrender (track 2) is making me laugh out loud......frickin great!

Yep, killer! I've purchased three Chemical Brothers records, latest Astralwerks reissues, and they sound great :thumb:

• Like 1

On 8/1/2017 at 0:13 AM, stevoz said:

I have the CD of Gary Moore's excellent album 'After Hours' and have dearly wanted it for some time on vinyl. It appears it's release date of 1992 had it as a CD release only.....at the time.:) I have tonight gleefully discovered it has just been re-released this year on vinyl.:party I was just about to pull the trigger on the cheapest copy I could find online then decided to check the provided UPC no. on Discogs and to my horror discovered it was pressed by GZ Media. I have read varying things about GZ and not all of them good, noisy pressings, suspect SQ etc.....so I paused a moment, then listened to a few Youtube tracks from it which just whetted my appetite for the brilliance of this excellent collection of blues ballads and jazzy blues up-tempo's, two of them with 'guests' BB King and Albert Collins,  and sprinkled with some 'down and dirty' blues rockers like Cold Day in Hell, Key to Love and the deliciously over the top genius of Only Fool in Town. Gary Moore is a master of his craft.....or was, sadly. So I thought 'furk it' and pulled the trigger!:D.......fingers firmly crossed on the pressing and SQ.:PAfter_Hours_(Gary_Moore_album)_cover..jpg.c60ddcba073f33eabe869da12a4c3b2c.jpg

As a post script to the above post, I received this LP yesterday and gave it a listen with my GZ fears in the back of my mind. Side One.....pleasantly surprised, excellent SQ, fairly quiet pressing and maybe one pop along the way. Enter Side Two.....well, do you think GZ Media could get two sides right? Apparently not! Again SQ was good but, hello!.....pops and crackles aplenty, regularly enough to basically ruin my enjoyment of it. So, a mixed bag really after side one promised so much.....from all accounts, it about sums up GZ Media, sigh:unsure:.....and another thing, the LP is missing the excellent rocker 'Key to Love', one of my favourites, adding to my annoyance.:(

Not today but in the weekend picked a first US press of Tres Hombre, the cover is a bit of a mess and the album was filthy but looked unscathed. Gave it a spin prior to cleaning and thought I'd done my dough, doh!

after a dose of revirginizer I couldn't believe my ears, best result with that stuff so far. Something about a good press that makes a record more resilient to wear n tear? 

IMG_0267.JPG

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stevoz said:

@Slideshaker 'Key to Love' must have been a CD bonus track. Dammit, you reckon they could have put that on the vinyl re-release.......and show a bit of initiative! Pity, because it's such a good song.:P:)

Exactly, especially since it's only a 2 minute song! Doesn't seem to be on any of the singles released around the same time either. 

14 hours ago, Powerglide said:

Not today but in the weekend picked a first US press of Tres Hombre, the cover is a bit of a mess and the album was filthy but looked unscathed. Gave it a spin prior to cleaning and thought I'd done my dough, doh!

after a dose of revirginizer I couldn't believe my ears, best result with that stuff so far. Something about a good press that makes a record more resilient to wear n tear? 

IMG_0267.JPG

Great stuff, Revirginizer. I have turned refundable purchases into EX+ and VG+ into NM with this fine product. It's a must for any serious record buyer and vinyl listener.:thumb:

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

I only buy vinyl and have been dissapointed quite a lot buying from shops.

So now I buy either new or off this website. I have never been dissapointed buying off SNA'ers.

Just got these off Winterspace.

Ariel.jpg.23ce9294f8d963ef845d1a0267ea4ace.jpgband.jpg.394f10b5d377a07b23cdc50e07e6482e.jpgMidnightOil_RedSails.jpg.e7299197243ec8d51cc16dd895841e71.jpg The vinyl is unbelievably good. 

• Like 1

On 18/08/2017 at 4:44 PM, spider™ said:

Jamie XX, heard good things....I'm trying to put at least 50% of my record purchases to be 'new' recordings I don't have, I've never owned any Cure before either, whilst the other 50% is building up my 'classics'.

Next ones up....the La's and some Iron & Wine at this stage!

FullSizeRender.jpg

I love that bass.  I use it as a test track for audio gear, and my poor woofers have had to deal with that track at high volumes way too many times!  My newest amp absolutely kills it, and I swear you FEEL that bass more than you hear it!

As for Disintegration, one of my all time faves!  

Oh, try a Tim Rogers (You Am I) track called "Some Fella's Heartbreaker" (first track on The Temperance Union album) - that bass on that one is extraordinary.  I still can't quite figure out what it is!  It's a super deep vibrato bass under a lite acoustic guitar/vocal song.  Again, a test of your system!  And an awesome song!

Come to think of it, I might start a "killer bass" thread.....

Edited by Mat-with-one-t
  • Like 1