It's funny the way we all have different tastes and thank goodness for that.

I tried to watch series 1 of this and found it to be (IMO)  execrable American tub thumping rubbish, absolute B grade fodder and the acting if you can call it that was  just plain awful.

The dastardly Russki's are evil and they can't shoot, they couldn't hit the side of the empire state building but by jimminy the Yanks are crack shots.

But not for the first time, I'm guessing I'm in the minority as it's in it's 3rd or 4th series now.

12 minutes ago, Marc said:

I like it but the later seasons are losing their punch IMO.

The whole concept is all very believable though.

I'm half-way through season 2 and, so far, it's good. If you read comments on IMDB from US sailors, they tend to confirm that the way the military stuff is handled is quite believable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luc said:

It's funny the way we all have different tastes and thank goodness for that.

I tried to watch series 1 of this and found it to be (IMO)  execrable American tub thumping rubbish, absolute B grade fodder and the acting if you can call it that was  just plain awful.

The dastardly Russki's are evil and they can't shoot, they couldn't hit the side of the empire state building but by jimminy the Yanks are crack shots.

But not for the first time, I'm guessing I'm in the minority as it's in it's 3rd or 4th series now.

Fair comments, BUT, you need to remember that the Russians were privateers, whereas the Americans were still operating under the assumption that they were acting under orders from on high. For a US made show, I expected that Americans would end up being the saviours of humanity. It's reasonably well done escapism. 

BTW: An Aussie turns up later on - a good guy too. Saves a bunch of Americans.

Go us! Is it a real Aussie Trev or a pretend one? I'm guessing it's a real one as they're are heaps of them in Hollywood now.

I immediately thought of On The Beach when I first watched it.

7 minutes ago, Luc said:

Go us! Is it a real Aussie Trev or a pretend one? I'm guessing it's a real one as they're are heaps of them in Hollywood now.

I immediately thought of On The Beach when I first watched it.

A real Aussie:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1248409/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t16