20 minutes ago, SETSergio said:

Dare I ask what transpired with Mr Mellow One? Seemed such an entertaining gent...

Mr Mello Yello didnt 'autocorrect' enough of his posts and repeatedly breached the forum guidelines. This continued unmodified after brief suspensions to it was time to say goodbye

1 minute ago, proftournesol said:

Mr Mello Yello didnt 'autocorrect' enough of his posts and repeatedly breached the forum guidelines. This continued unmodified after brief suspensions to it was time to say goodbye

Ok, goodbye it is then....:emot-bang:

I've had it from Tidal for a few days now - RECOMMENDED.  Had about three plays all the way through.

I should check who is doing what on the album - sounds like Lana Del Ray on some of the female vocals.  Probably isn't.

Edit - it wasn't!  It is Fifi Rong (that sounds a little like Lana del Ray). She is credited on a couple of songs.

Malia is also credited for singing on some other tracks on the album.

How w'Rong' could I be!

Edited by Benje

Malia did an album with Boris Blank Convergence, its really good, similar to a yello album, but more restrained and a bit less wacky 

Edited by cafe67
Video peanut butter

Arrived today , yay , quick listen , sounds like one of their older albums, more analogue synthy sounding, less manic and big sounding compared to some of their later album.

image.jpeg

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
47 minutes ago, Gee Emm said:

Anyone heard the vinyl?

Yep have both the vinyl and digital release and both sound great. Track listing on the LP is different presumably to get a better fit for each of the sides however the LP also has two additional tracks "Lost In Motion" and "Toy Square".

• Like 1

Guest Misterioso
12 hours ago, Gee Emm said:

Anyone heard the vinyl?

Fresh from the RCM to the platter. Great sound and pressing quality.

1492945419314-1514661162.jpg

To those who liked Toy, make sure you have a listen to Boris Blank and Malia album Convergence, similar production with excellent dynamics and her voice is very good allied to the electronic banking makes for a great listen. One of my fav albums and a turn to for checking out new gear :)

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cafe67 said:

To those who liked Toy, make sure you have a listen to Boris Blank and Malia album Convergence, similar production with excellent dynamics and her voice is very good allied to the electronic banking makes for a great listen. One of my fav albums and a turn to for checking out new gear :)

I've been listening to this in the last few weeks.

Fantastic production, and her vocals sound stunning. 

Guest Misterioso
8 minutes ago, Gee Emm said:

Where did you source it from?

Landed price?

Ebay seller importcds-au

$38.18 landed

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...