Oppo UHD 4K Owners & Discussion Thread

Look out, Oppo has something planned for the year end :)

OPPO Digital will release a BD player that supports playback of Ultra HD Blu-ray in late 2016 the end of the year. Being held from local time 5 days in Munich, Germany at the "HIGH END 2016", home country employees of OPPO Digital has revealed.

IMO, it won't be as expensive as they want to keep their VFM tag.

I feel the BDT 101ci was a mule to develop a platform for this UHD player. Just swop out the laser, software etc and we are all good.

The parts within the 101 are pretty decent, so it's meant to last.

Agree pete ; they look to have done the right thing [ if translated right ? ] to keep the cost down by leaving out any multi analog stage and just made a transport - based on yours as we speculated ?

The 'this summer" estimates were a lock ..

Ultra HD Blu-ray compatible players of OPPO is currently in development, that the release of the time in the street 2016 the end of the year described above are expected. Detailed specifications and price, although such model number was not revealed at present, analog multi ch output is equipped in current model "BDP-105D JAPAN LIMITED" is likely to be omitted in the Ultra HD Blu-ray compatible model was that of a high.

IMO, it won't be as expensive as they want to keep their VFM tag.

I feel the BDT 101ci was a mule to develop a platform for this UHD player. Just swop out the laser, software etc and we are all good.

The parts within the 101 are pretty decent, so it's meant to last.

Certainly a few oppo headphone models htpc

Demonstration of headphone amplifier as "HA-1" headphone "PM-1," a combination of "PM-2"

Ohh did i spot some new sennheiser hd800 headphones in those photos? Is a new model due out?

No idea if it's a UHD player or just a 103D replacement, but some good news:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-blu-ray-players/1365649-what-features-would-you-like-your-next-oppo-br-e-g-oppo-bdp-113-bdp-115-a-57.html#post43951578
-end of the year for the 103/D replacement.
-price of the base model will be in the range of 499-599 (USD)
- the 105/D replacement will come a couple months later/early 2017 and will prices in the same area as the 105D/1300 range.

• 3 weeks later...

Long wait.

Very interesting that it seems another 2d generation is coming before the 4k player [ the uhd player wont be 499-599 (USD) ] .. Which models will get dirac room eq ? none ? :) Oppo are licencees and its a natural progression with the hdmi inputs making it a pre pro allready... will there be takers with the 4k coming ?

Maybe they will have an optional db25 connector for decoded atmos/ dts x encodes :question: Nah ; itll be bitstreamed :logik:

• Like 1

I don't mind the wait until Jan 2017.

I will then be assured of a solid, reliable product with most of the major bugs fixed.

Besides there are only a handful of 4k shows - how many times do you really want to watch Deadpool in 4k?

Get more software and furthermore, I will get the Oppo mainly as a BR player, a solid transport and lastly for 4k playback. Besides, I don't even have a 4k screen yet :)

I don't mind the wait until Jan 2017.

I will then be assured of a solid, reliable product with most of the major bugs fixed.

Besides there are only a handful of 4k shows - how many times do you really want to watch Deadpool in 4k?

Get more software and furthermore, I will get the Oppo mainly as a BR player, a solid transport and lastly for 4k playback. Besides, I don't even have a 4k screen yet :)

The release of the Oppo 4K BR player next year will be my trigger point to buy a new 4K telly. we are saving $$$ now but my problem is that I will need a 4K telly that has all the latest specs and is at least 85 inch or i will just forget it. We have a 65 inch UHD tv today (too Small) that has a Panasonic BR player that upscales in our second TV room but for the main TV to replace the 100 Hecto and have no choice but to go smaller. I will settle for a smaller 85 inch LED LCD as OLED at 85 inch is or possibly not available and I won't pay a zillion dollars for it.

AS for the super good blacks and outrageous whites that HDR will give you with the rich colours yes that is great but having Family members that have to shade their eyes on a Hecto that is 150 nits I would hate to see what 1000 nits would do to their eyes and I have to agree with them because even at my age a little brighter than 150 nits would be ok but 1000 nits Hummmmmm........ I want to see what a 1000 nits looks like because if I have to hide one of my eyes and put my hand in front of the other eye because parts of the movie is to bright I will not be enjoying it.

I want to see what 1000 nits is like first.

Edited by Blackman

Now this 86 inch will do me coming out in June so I would say 5K needs to come off the price before we will consider purchasing it via the wife's bank account. Well if the new Oppo 4K comes out sometime next year and at the same time this Lg drops its prices we will consider purchasing it but like what the OLED's are they are all arrogantly priced considering you have to put up with the SH..IT!! LG non available professional service.

http://www.lg.com/sg/tvs/lg-86UH955T

Edited by Blackman

I can see your basing this on the way darbee was introduced following the initial 103 model pete which makes sense . I would think that the current 2k darbee option will still be there [ too many avs forumites like it and its costs have been amortised over the 103/5] Anything for 4k processing will be awhile off based on the standalone models imo :) Theres a lot of work considering how it would interact with HDR metadata and upgrading it to hdmi2.0 etc..

http://www.darbeevision.com/faq#

No, the DVP 5000S will not pass 4K video. However, if you connect it prior to a 4K upscaler you will see a beneficial effect. We are working on 4K products, and 4K works very well in our lab. We believe that although 4K pictures can be stunning, they are still flat, and Darbee Visual Presence (DVP) fixes that. DVP goes Beyond Fidelity™ by adding depth cues that our optical environment does not provide, so it is a kind of computational imaging that is not just different in degree, but it is different in kind

IMO, there will be a staged release. Get one 4k capable Oppo out by Jan, then the audiophile one later, then when sales slow down, add a 'Darbee' like chip to boost sales.

Edited by cwt

Would I be correct in saying that a 4K Oppo player will not be bothered with Darbee processing ?

Darbee does not have 4k processing at the moment, even if they do Oppo may decide not to implemented on their first generation of UHD players because they can sell it as another feature like they do with the 103/105 and 103D/105D. I think if there will be a company offerring 4k darbee free upgrade it will be most likely be Lumagen.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, petetherock said:

There's some talk of a November arrival, if you believe the chatter on AVS.. at USD 899..

If that's true they will flog it off here in Australia for twice that rip off price. Most of us do not mind paying top dollar for a item and that's if we have the money but its a case as to why should we pay twice or close to it the money that everyone else pays for it.