:) al

Oppo Udp-203/205 UHD 4k blu-ray players

704 posts in this topic

well…..

Oppo's first UHD Blu-ray will reportedly be the $499 UDP-203
Read more at http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1474013250#u9zHpEMgU42z3FAT.99

looks like a sleek piece…. no bizarre  curved fronts no stoopid plastic flaps, just clean lines a display a disc tray and some proper buttons... 

oppoudp203-1l.jpg

oppoudp203-2l.jpg

no fans on the back panel….. and typical oppo connectivity… and $499usd ??? gee probably priced well being over the samsung, but I think panasonic and sony if they have any plans for their player are going to have a headache here….

OPPO's UDP-205 4K UHD Audiophile Blu-ray disc player is arriving in early 2017*.

Blu-ray-UDP-205.png

https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-205/

2 people like this

Yep, if Oppo are bringing their A game then $USD499 is a bloody good price....although wait and see what their top line players come in at....:wacko:

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Kaynin said:

Yep, if Oppo are bringing their A game then $USD499 is a bloody good price....although wait and see what their top line players come in at....:wacko:

Looks to me pricing following their current line eg where 103 is now compares with price for this unit, so with that prob expect the top model to follow pricing for the 105.

since I only use these things as digital transport for AV duties if the top model just bringing analog benefits unlikely to be much interest to me as already have good sources for that :)

1 person likes this

slightly better shots… :D

oppo4k.jpeg

oppo4k2.jpeg

gee if I were oppo, I would be getting some slightly better shots out there…. rather than these blurry hand held shots people are putting up…just so shows what they have upcoming in the best light ! hehe

Oppo 83 was US$499

Oppo 93 was US$499

Oppo 103 was US$499

and, apparently, OPPO 203 will be US$499

Tough job pricing the OPPO xx3

3 people like this

Did notice several things...........

No more dual video out...........a 4K thing?

No more MHL via HDMI front port.

No more "D"........Darbee and 4K issue?

No more analog Comp Vid Diag port.

Can't quite tell from pic but assuming front USB input is also Ver3.

Here's a link to OPPO (with a nice front pic) if you want to be kept in the loop via Email

http://www.oppodigital.com/uhd/

Very nice looking unit IMHO

Edited by JohnL

I suspect the easy thing is pricing the OPPO xx3.

The hard part is probably working out what to include and what to leave out so that the $499 price point can be retained.

2 people like this

44 minutes ago, JohnL said:

Did notice several things...........

This looks like it will be the first of a few 4K from Oppo over the coming years, and as such, like the 103AU, I wouldn't expect Darbee at this level - maybe on a slightly higher model.

1 person likes this

well oppo has decided to pop something on their website

http://www.oppodigital.com/uhd/

to say 

It's coming...
Ultra HD

OPPO Digital's 4K/UHD Blu-ray player is arriving in late 2016*.

UDP-203.png

2 people like this

I'm like you al in that I primarily use an Oppo for AV duties, although after hearing the 105 at a club meeting last year and being pleasantly surprised in the 2 channel sound improvement over the 95 as well as their Media Control app's ability to see and play music from a flash drive on my tablet (when friends come around) rather than turning on the TV, was enough for me to upgrade to the 105D. Now with the upcoming 205, I can't see the need to upgrade again until 4K movies become the norm, except if it was to support MQA files. That would be enticing enough for me to jump in earlier.

14 hours ago, JohnL said:

Possibly, but I think the Darbee editions for the 103 & 105 came out after some time from initial release of the base models, so it might be too early to tell.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, chefscuba70 said:

I'm like you al in that I primarily use an Oppo for AV duties, although after hearing the 105 at a club meeting last year and being pleasantly surprised in the 2 channel sound improvement over the 95 as well as their Media Control app's ability to see and play music from a flash drive on my tablet (when friends come around) rather than turning on the TV, was enough for me to upgrade to the 105D. Now with the upcoming 205, I can't see the need to upgrade again until 4K movies become the norm, except if it was to support MQA files. That would be enticing enough for me to jump in earlier.

can understand that CC, can see a few thinking that way. myself between my luxman disc spinner and the blue sound node 2 in the 2ch rig, don't necessarily need much 2ch music replay wise in the av side of things…. :)

9 hours ago, Kaynin said:

Possibly, but I think the Darbee editions for the 103 & 105 came out after some time from initial release of the base models, so it might be too early to tell.

yeah I will be quite happy to not have to pay for it….pushed the 103/5 player price point way too high when they included into the oppos,

Would darbee processing work at 4k?

Oppo always come up with something new for 2 channel / streaming etc  will expect the same with 205 when released

6 minutes ago, AudioGeek said:

Would darbee processing work at 4k?

Oppo always come up with something new for 2 channel / streaming etc  will expect the same with 205 when released

no idea, darbee unfortunately suddenly passed away post the 1080p darbee being released. if anything comes out 4k wise one thing for sure it wouldn't have been anything darbee actually was involved with in creation ! 

my thoughts on the 1080p darbee was that while it could show some effect in pause still these were next to impossible to see in motion. its something could crank up to see effect with moving pictures however it was then getting detrimental in effect….. hence quite happy to bypass if given the choice :)

1 person likes this

On 16/09/2016 at 11:56 PM, Kaynin said:

So probably $23,000 AUD RRP...

2 people like this

Good insight...and they can take their time, will keep using my sammy while waiting :)

quite a bit more info in the links below,

Oppo reveals UK launch details for its first 4K UHD Blu-ray player – and it's HDR-ready

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/oppo-ultra-hd-4k-blu-ray-player-udp-203-hdr

and even a first look,

https://www.avforums.com/news/first-look-at-the-oppo-udp-203-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player.12972

On 16/09/2016 at 11:48 PM, :) al said:

well…..

Oppo's first UHD Blu-ray will reportedly be the $499 UDP-203
Read more at http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1474013250#u9zHpEMgU42z3FAT.99

looks like a sleek piece…. no bizarre  curved fronts no stoopid plastic flaps, just clean lines a display a disc tray and some proper buttons... 

oppoudp203-1l.jpg

oppoudp203-2l.jpg

no fans on the back panel….. and typical oppo connectivity… and $499usd ??? gee probably priced well being over the samsung, but I think panasonic and sony if they have any plans for their player are going to have a headache here….

I've owned the Oppo since release, I've recently updated my display to 4K so would be interested in one of these new UHD players when released in Australia. I really don't use the analogue output stage in the Oppo 95 as I have an external DAC and dedicated CD player Bel Canto CD2 I prefer for music so will likely go with the cheaper Oppo  UHD player rather than its 95/105 replacement.

will see !!!!

JDH

2 people like this

Im tempted to get a 105 if the prices start to drop in prep for the 203 and 205, be nice if they gave out some specs on the 205 to decide :)

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, jdh500 said:

I've owned the Oppo since release, I've recently updated my display to 4K so would be interested in one of these new UHD players when released in Australia. I really don't use the analogue output stage in the Oppo 95 as I have an external DAC and dedicated CD player Bel Canto CD2 I prefer for music so will likely go with the cheaper Oppo  UHD player rather than its 95/105 replacement.

will see !!!!

JDH

same here jdh :) have my own dedicated 2ch sources so dont need that from an av source so would be looking at the base model as well to utilise in transport form...

5 hours ago, cafe67 said:

Im tempted to get a 105 if the prices start to drop in prep for the 203 and 205, be nice if they gave out some specs on the 205 to decide :)

am sure be a few benefit from the upgrading of others :D 205 I suspect will start to get attention post 203 release :)

Hands On With The Oppo UDP-203 Ultra HD Blu-ray Player: Maximum Effort

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2016/09/23/hands-on-with-the-oppo-udp-203-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player/#441fe6744d3a

a good read, summing up some from the oppo interview and also with some first hand on it in action. 

interests me some that this is ground up a uhd player...rather than TV and computer tech they have been cobbling together in players to deliver uhd to date :)

and wow they say november release ... thats only month after next ! :D  I wonder if that means we will have  local release before year is out or we have to wait till next year !

2 people like this

On 9/24/2016 at 9:37 PM, :) al said:

I wonder if that means we will have  local release before year is out or we have to wait till next year !

According to distributors Interdyn, arrival in Australia is currently late November.

4 people like this