Bowers & Wilkins Speakers Owners & Discussion Thread

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

We apologise that our sales people are unclear on this.

Thanks

jason

Jason, thank you for clarifying.  Please take our "complaints/feedback" as positive ones for improvement.  I would like to state that there was no hint of demo possiblity (at later hours/other dates) and it was not explained to me of tihs policy during the opening sale.  It is actually very strange to have a opening sale and yet not letting potential customers to audition.  You would be narrowing the demographic of your customer base as you are constricting to those customers who had actually auditioned before at other stores/retailers (for those that were not on display). 

For "sale events" in future, the above model maybe acceptable as interested parties (most of them I assume) would / could have audition beforehand.

May I suggest in future you would come up with a flyer (on your website perhaps) to state the days and equipment to be hooked up so that a range of your products could be audtion by interested parties ? Not everyone can afford your signature diamond series ;)

Granted the above are just suggestions.  I would not like to teach you how to do your job :)

It's great having a rep like yourself in this forum to hear(read) and answer our feedback.

Jason, thumbs up for your recent candid presentation and response (as compared to your early post  :-\ ). Sincerely, I do hope you and your staffs (ie. Experts Pte Ltd)  will build upon this, and not just 'for show' now in this forum.

IMO, audiophiles (not me, still learning from XP bros here  ;D ) know wat what they want. And I am sure most of us will not mind paying tat 'xtra' bit for good, sincere service. K** is NOT necessary the cheaper place for me indulge in my AV/HiFi stuffs. But I like their service and usually put me at ease (no stress audition).

Given yr direct connection with B&W (Classe & Arcam), audiophiles will look up to you for more 'undocumented' info, which is the area that you could enlighten us and clarify issue - your niche Professional Area and being the Domain Expert. Of coz, your value-added service will come in handy when you could help to resolve issue(s) direct with the manufacturers (eg. your assistance to DJQ).

I am impressed with Onkyo UK, where the Onkyo rep actively responses in the AVSforum to clarify/discuss issues relating to their Onkyo products. No selling, just sincere aftersales support.

I hope by your leadership, you could build up a corporate culture that expresses your domain knowledge on your product with professionalism. It will come a long way, and who knows you could even buy over more customers  ;)

Keep it up.......let us know when is the next 20% (or 25%) sales event  ;D  8)  ;)

Enzer Corp Limited :

Officers

Jason Teong Kian Seng: Consumer Electronics......SAME JASON TEONG : BOSS of EXPERTS ? ;D

Victor Yap Weng Keong: Acoustics Retail

Ms. Lai Soon Lin: Corp Affairs

Hi,

To clarify, The Experts Group Pte Ltd have no association or affliation with Enzer (the ex-distributor) or Monsoon (owned by Enzer).  We are totally seperate and we understand some customers are confused.

The only "link" we have is that I used to work in Enzer, overseeing multiple divisions.  This "link" no longer exist.  Now, I work for The Experts Group.

Cheers

jason

Hi,

on behalf of B&W, I apologise on behalf of the last distributor.  We hope that you will not encounter such things at the new B&W showroom.  If you have problems, pls email me at ask@theexperts.com.sg

Regards

jason

Weren't you the big guy in charge of B&W in the last distributor? Then why apologise on behalf of "the last distributor" (i.e. yourself & your people)? Doesn't make any sense, and seems pretty condescending!  ???

I think this thread is getting too long!

I am sure Jason is trying to set out a

whole new image for B&W in Singapore.

Its good to have feedbacks and suggestions

from past owners and shoppers alike.

So the only thing for us to do now is to

march on while learning from our past mistakes

while trying to make improvements along

the way. I hope we will all have a pleasent

time ahead of us with B&W.

I think this thread is getting too long!

I am sure Jason is trying to set out a

whole new image for B&W in Singapore.

Its good to have feedbacks and suggestions

from past owners and shoppers alike.

So the only thing for us to do now is to

march on while learning from our past mistakes

while trying to make improvements along

the way. I hope we will all have a pleasent

time ahead of us with B&W.

Well said.

Having Jason (from Experts) as a helpful and active member of this forum is already a boon to existing B&W speakers owners as well as potential buyers. Frankly, I am very happy with the service I have experienced so far and am planning to add an Arcam CD player to my AV deck soon.

Let's move on. Cheers.

yupz. just let go & enjoy. lets start a list of B&W owners using the different type of B&Ws speakers instead. ;)

Okie, let me start the ball rolling..

1) HT102: 2 x 805S, HTM4S (coming soon)

Weren't you the big guy in charge of B&W in the last distributor? Then why apologise on behalf of "the last distributor" (i.e. yourself & your people)? Doesn't make any sense, and seems pretty condescending!  ???

Hi,

To clarify, the last distributor is a listed company.  I am just "one of the guys" there.  Decision making in a  listed company is much more complex and my responsibility in Enzer span more then just B&W distribution.  And yes, if I have known about the issue while I was with Enzer, I would have apologised on behalf of Enzer/Monsoon then. 

Pls pardon this past management oversight.

And one important thing is that we learnt from our mistake and as you can see at the new showroom, our direction, image, staff (and hopefully service) is totally different. 

Thanks

jason

Continue Rolling the ball :P

2) Magnuz: 2x 683 (Cherry) pending delivery

3) Jeetung: 2x 684, HTM62 (Wenge) (ETA within 90 days)

4) DJQ: 2x DM601, 2x DM600, LCR60 ( old discontinued models )

5)

Hi,

5) lhraiders 2 x 805s, 2 x DS3, HTM4s pending delivery

Thanks ;D

6) TYF : 2xCM1 (planning to upgrade to 685)

sorry to further question Jason..

1) I dropped by to enquire about the M1 speakers... I understood M1 is M1, and is generic regardless of MT10/20/30.

How come your salesman says that then M1 speakers for MT10 is different from MT20/30?

Am I missing something?

2) I was considering getting a pair of M1 to Supplement my set, but i was surprised to note that the M1 is selling at S$450, while i came across it in Osaka at(after conversion (S$330) same thing, but JAPAN is cheaper?

3)Now considering the mirage omnisat...

7) JLCSG: 2 x 804s (ETA 90 days)

8)Ajitbm: 2 x 685 and HTM62 (Wenge)

sorry to further question Jason..

1) I dropped by to enquire about the M1 speakers... I understood M1 is M1, and is generic regardless of MT10/20/30.

How come your salesman says that then M1 speakers for MT10 is different from MT20/30?

Am I missing something?

2) I was considering getting a pair of M1 to Supplement my set, but i was surprised to note that the M1 is selling at S$450, while i came across it in Osaka at(after conversion (S$330) same thing, but JAPAN is cheaper?

3)Now considering the mirage omnisat...

Hi,

on point 1 - I believe there is a miscommunication.  We apologise for being unclear.  The difference in MT10/20/30 is in the subwoofers while M1 is standard.

on point 2 - You are correct in the $450 price tag for M1.  1) this is the open list price.  2) we will like to clarify that if you purchase the MT10/20/30 as a set, you get a package discount (ie if you purchase Mt30, you pay $4940 instead of $450x5+$3300).  so the overall cost is lower before discounts when sold as a package. 

I cannot verify japan cost but usually Japan prices are highest in Asia unless there is a clearance/store closure sale. 

Yes, you can purchase from Osaka and B&W products does have international warranty, this only covers parts and direct repairman cost.  We will charge a service/admin /logistic fee for handling products not sold by us.  For our own customers, we absorb this service fees.  Also, our clients have priority in terms of repairs and parts allocations.

on Point 3 - I believe mirage omnisat have its own strenght while M1 have its own.  Ultimately, I believe it voice down to each customer's choice of brand prestige, design, preference in sound, and budget.  Regret I cannot comment on the comparison.

Thanks

jason

Hi all who are pending delivery,

We regret that HK have a holiday and we are unable to get confirmation of delivery.  As promised, we are trying to fulfill all orders within the 90 days leadtime

Pls pardon our inability and unwillingness to commit to earlier delivery leadtime.  Our sales guy will continue to keep all posted on delivery.

Sincere apologises

jason

Yes, you can purchase from Osaka and B&W products does have international warranty, this only covers parts and direct repairman cost.  We will charge a service/admin /logistic fee for handling products not sold by us.  For our own customers, we absorb this service fees.  Also, our clients have priority in terms of repairs and parts allocations.

Jason,

I'm not too worried, because B&W builds speakers well, but regarding fees for products not sold by you, what is you policy for those of us who bought B&W speakers from Monsoon?

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply as it seems that this thread was locked and I have written to the moderator to unlock this thread.

To further explain, goods sold by us (to dealers or end-consumer) after 1st Feb 2008 (our distributorship appointment date) will have no service charge.  Goods that are not purchased from us, we will need to verify the origin which will slow down repairs plus there will be an admin/service/logistics fee.

To instead use KEC as example, KEC have continued to draw stocks from us and thus we support them fully on aftersales.

Regards

jason

i read tis thread with much interest and may i say i appreciate Jason's effort in clearing the air.  imho, as long your service exceed tat of some shops in Alephi, i think u got a gd chance to succeed.  there got a shop who only serve his own kakis becos i think he made enough $ already, so he choose his customers instead of the other way round,  (no prize for guessing who lah) :P