Sime

B&W 805D3's before the years end....

Sime   

No real reason for this thread, just the remind me of a goal I've set out, so before X-Mas this year is the main plan, sooner the better. 

So if anyone is interested in a 18month old pair of 805D2's in Rosenut in the coming future, feel free to pm me. 

Feel free to mock and banter as you see fit lol

Martykt   

Goals are important @Sime.....

These d3's will be paid for in suds !!! 

Whats the puppy count so far ??? 

Puppies washed  xx

Puppies left to be inflicted to bath time xx

SteveC   
2 minutes ago, Martykt said:

Goals are important @Sime.....

These d3's will be paid for in suds !!! 

Whats the puppy count so far ??? 

Puppies washed  xx

Puppies left to be inflicted to bath time xx

Yes we need a graph!

Sime   
4 hours ago, Eggcup The Daft said:

Don't forget to listen to other speakers first (if you haven't already) before deciding... JBL Everests would fit nicely in that cavavan of yours!

Nah, I'm a B&W guy through and through. 

Now on this was a big dog, one of the strongest I've ever dealt with. American pit bull. 

He looks small in the pic……………………

I might start a random washed dogs thread, ya get some characters come through. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Sime

Sime   

It could be anything, there all kinds of f#%$ knuckle dogs. But, west highland terriers are nut cases. 

CryptiK   
1 hour ago, Sime said:

Nah, I'm a B&W guy through and through. 

Now on this was a big dog, one of the strongest I've ever dealt with. American pit bull. 

He looks small in the pic……………………

I might start a random washed dogs thread, ya get some characters come through. 

image.jpeg

That isn't an American pit bull. It might have some pit or bully breed in it, but it also has some boxer or bulldog in it too. 

Ha!  I mock thee.  West highland he says,   No worries.  I washed a cross Westie three times this year.  Clean happy dog each time.  Mind you, he would also get owed by a 3kg 15 year old, chemo surviving siamese that is legally blind in one eye.  ( although said cats ability to hit 100 decibels when yowling for his dinner upsets dogs a block away.... literally.  No ordinary old codger). 

As for the Bee Emm W-ya D three, .......gees, I dunno. Nice I am sure.....but is this latest and greatest syndrome? Are you sure you are getting the best out of your current speakers?   Are you lusting after greener pastures when you have all the speaker that your "room" can handle.  I feel I can level with you here given that I also have 2 pairs of rosenut B&Ws in the abode, plus a centre channel.

My room is my limiting factor now, and it's 4m by 6.5M with bass traps and treated reflection points. Sure, I could knock out a wall but dropping to 2 bedrooms would impact resale. I am assured by a local audio club legend that it would sound awesome, but it's a step to far . I shall therefore resist doing a similar upgrade to, in my case, the Vivid B1 Decade or Giya line for my mains......until my inevitable lotto win ( insert delusional cough ).

A van however, ....gees mate.  Appreciate your enthusiasm, but you are talking a lot of clean dogs to make this purchase, We all need to dream, but would you be better off sourcing a 500watt Rotel power amp or similar and feel smug that you got obscenely good performance out of the "old" curvy cabinets.  Just sayin. 

Either way, good luck with the system building. 

Sime   

@Briz Vegas my current amps are 500 watt monos ;) my L C R channels are all running 500 each. 

larest and greatest, possibly, but it know I'm going to get a more refined sound from them, and even if they are only a 5% increase, I'm not fussed. The money I earn from dog washing is really play money anyway. 

And dont underestamte the van, it's probably nothing like you'd expect ;)

CryptiK   

I found I really needed a true 3-way to be happy with the sound, otherwise the bass notes and subsequent cone excursion affected the mids so much it sounded like singing into a pedestal fan (warbling effect). I like my 804S's a lot, my room probably can't take a much larger speaker else it could be boomy, but there's no way I could handle 805's...worth home demo-ing some 804D's perhaps? 

Sime   

@CryptiK my current 805's arnt being run full range now, running them full range in that space makes the mid bass sound bloated. They are 80hz cut off with a Rel sub doing the bass. One of the benefits of this is that the 805s are playing the mids cleaner being as they aren't multitasking with bass as well. And the sub goes waaaaay deeper, naturally. 

That, plus there's no way a floor stander will fit. 

Edited by Sime

Sime   
7 hours ago, Qwertyqaz said:

Nice Van.

But do you listen in bed ?

Mostly, but why?

beds better than a couch :P

I sit here just for general, non critical listening. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Sime

1 hour ago, Sime said:

Mostly, but why?

beds better than a couch :P

I sit here just for general, non critical listening. 

image.jpeg

It looked like a bedroom setup that's why I asked.

Sime   
45 minutes ago, davidro said:

How do you actually divide the frequencies btw?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 8801 processor. 

@Qwertyqazwell it's a caravan so it's an all in one ;) the only space in the van that could properly support 5.1 is the bed area. 

Edited by Sime