Which older receiver

Hi guys,

I'm currently using entry level yamaha rx-v373 which doesn't have pre-out.

Done some research and seems like I'd need a power amp for music to sound good, I'm no audiophile and only just started the journey but I know the avr doesn't sound as good when compared to the nad c320bee integrated amp I got.

So the plan is to start looking for second hand avr with pre-out and later down the track when I got the money I can get a power amp.

I'm after some suggestion on some older receiver that has pre-out, 5.1 channel, and 2/3 hdmi out.

I don't need Atmos or the latest jingle bells...

Peanut budget, maybe $500, is there any?

Thanks,

Steven

• 2 weeks later...

The big jump i made was to get a integra 30.5 from ambertech's ebay store for $600 which has pre outs and then a second hand rotel 1552 120 watt 2 channel for $700 here in classifieds. This was a big jump in quality over a Yamaha rxa2000.

So you think those combo still can't beat your Cambridge avr alone?

Does integra have hdmi issue like onkyo?

You know I might be following your footsteps and seems like what I need is avr with pre-out and stereo integrated amp with HT bypass so I can leave avr off if I just want to listen to music.

If I got a laptop connected to the avr via hdmi and use kodi/jriver/whatever music player to play music, do I need to turn on the avr or it can remain off and just turn on stereo amp?

As in, does the avr pass the audio signal while it's off?

In hindsight maybe I should've kept the integra and used the funds to get the 7 channel Elektra, the integra was excellent and way more features than the Cambridge that I am missing such as HDMI pass through when off (pass thru video when off), DLNA, Spotify.

The HDMI issue thing is why I got from Ambertech as was confident that they would have been replaced as refurbished models.