WTB: Linn LP12 Plinth

Flynnyfalcon

I've just discovered that my recent upgrade purchase of a Trampolin 2 base board will not fit my early 70's plinth without moderate modification, but also the Valhalla positioning could be a potential electrical hazard.  Before discarding the Trampolin or upgrading to Lingo I thought I'd look into tracking down a modern plinth which will negate the above.

So if anyone has a spare plinth I'd be interested.  I currently have a fluted Afromosia which I love, but am open to other options.

Located in Bayside Melbourne and open to spending $100-300 depending on condition.

Thanks!

Yeah, the early Linn plinths had different screw locations on the baseboard.
I once tried a SRM tech baseboard on mine (didn't like the feet on the trampolin) and had to drill new holes for it .
Don't use a baseboard at all now.
As@kelossus asks, does the Tramp require other mods?
Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The corners of the trampolin are extended by maybe 2-4mm, so it needs to be ground off to fit the same footprint of the older plinth. I don't think it's major work, but a shame to have to do it to an off the shelf upgrade.

The early plinths cross brace seem to sit a little lower than more modern plinths as well, so the caps on the Valhalla will hit the baseboard causing a major electrical issue.

From what I understand, the trampolin will not fit an early plinth with a Valhalla installed. A Lingo or Mose etc is needed as the Valhalla sits too low. The Caps on the Valhalla currently hit the particle board but obviously not being electrically conductive doesn't cause an issue.

Other than that, the edges need to be ground off the Trampolin and new holes need to be piloted for the different screw positions.

Yes I see, the Valhalla board causing the problem.
I bought a new plinth recently from the uk for around $700 thanks to the Brexit £. If that's too much, I'd be wary, a lot of used plinths I see for sale aren't braced on the corners (like my old one wasn't) and the tramp may not fit them either. Not sure, others here may know.@Tasebass etc.
I would just leave it off for now and spend your $$ on the sub-chassis.
Pete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Ozcall said:

I have fitted a number of tramps to older Sondeks and not had a problem with the Valhalla board however always better safe than sorry.

Rather than grinding down the Tramp I used a Dremmel type tool with sanding bit to recess the plinth corners to accommodate the tramp

I do like the idea of modding the plinth over the Trampolin.  I have a Dremel, I may have to get my technique back up to scratch.

• Like 1

@Flynnyfalcon

This thread could go on and on about old plinths, with respect to all if your serious about your Sondek I would be getting a new one period unless you know the history of an older one..

I know its outta your budget but have you thought of one of Duc's new plinths???

He's in your neck of the woods.....(HAAAA!!:P) why not go along and check one out.....

Cheers Tase.

I hadn't seen Duc's plinth. They look bloody lovely!! The idea originally was to keep my LP12 budget as low as possible. And I was doing well finding good deals and loving the improvement each lot made. But after installing a Cirkus kit a few weeks back, I've realised the LP12 is an absolute keeper and am willing to let go of the purse strings when worthwhile.

A power supply and Kore sub chassis is next in line, so the idea of coughing up big dollars for a plinth when I have a pretty good one already hurts, but yep I know mine is limiting.

I might contact Duc haha!

• 7 months later...