twangy guitar heaven

Now I were raised on Crazy Horse, Clapton (E), Buddy Guy, Stones etc etc and while the oldies are goodies I've longed for new stuff.

The other day I heard this in a shop -

and then today I heard this on community radio -

Me like.  Big time.

So what other recommendations have you ???

• Like 2

This is "The Temperance Movement"

Twangy alright, one of the guitarists sports a Tele.

Should be on Spotify I reckon. Check out "The Temperance Movement" (self titled) and "White Bear".

Some slower country-like stuff also.

• Like 2

That Death In Vegas song is the best thing I've heard Liam Gallagher do

Absolutely. I had to look up that it was actually Liam Gallagher, not some good/different Oasis guys. Will give them a listen tomorrow.

@@lencolad

Can't recommend any music, but have you tried Spotify or Pandora. Especially now there are good cheap streamers that can plug into your hifi

I'm a recent convert to these services and am now blown away by how much good music is out there that I had never heard of.

Both services will give you play list and suggest music that matches your searches. Spotify have a discover weekly station that is now on high rotation at our place, and if any artist impresses you, you can then do a search and listen to thier back catalogue.

Be careful though because if you write down a wish list of albums you will find you will need a bigger notepad.

Thank you very much Happydogs.

Being a dinosaur I'd have to get my head around the technology (kilovolts and megawatts are my thing ...).

Maybe that's a thread idea - 'how to get hold of great music for old farts'.    :)

I was in Thailand last week and wondered why there weren't any pirate CDs for sale and eventually it was 'oh dur, it's all online now. facepalm'.

Edited by lencolad
  • Like 1

Thank you very much Happydogs.

Being a dinosaur I'd have to get my head around the technology (kilovolts and megawatts are my thing ...).

Maybe that's a thread idea - 'how to get hold of great music for old farts'.    :)

I was in Thailand last week and wondered why there weren't any pirate CDs for sale and eventually it was 'oh dur, it's all online now. facepalm'.

Going by you taste in music we are probably a similar vintage. Until recently I was stuck in the 70s but streaming has opened my ears to lots of new artist. Though my kids tell me I just listen to "new 70s music" it's still nice to discover stuff that makes you stop what you are doing and run to the iPad to find out who is playing on Spotify .

My latest favourite is a band called ... The civil wars .. Might not be twangy enough for you though

If you thinking about adding streaming services and you have a decent wifi at home, I can recommend the chromecast audio. Easy to set up, cheap and sound ok. Then start with Pandora ... It's free.

• Like 1

@ shaky    Good old Iggy.

@ andything    Ta but linky not worky - wot's some track names ?

@ happydogs   Looks like I need some kid (ie someone under forty ...) to set me up. I could do it myself eventually of course but sometimes it's just easier to get someone in.

Edited by lencolad
  • Like 1

Great player

But isn't that Americana or Alt Country?

Is twang just guitar rock?

Possibly - I'd have described many of his tracks as twangy but I may not appreciate the subtitles of true twang :-)

Is twang just guitar rock?

Yep I guess it is. Dunno much about music but I know what I like.

Got hooked on guitar solos very early and really like alt. country bluegrassy stuff.  I just don't know what genres are what exactly.

What I do know is that Rage and Triple J leave me cold but there's the occasional thing like this that I spotted on Rage that does it for me -

• Like 1