Gieseler Audio

Klein DAC II owners thread

Has anyone tried using another remote like Logitech Harmony with the Klein DAC II? I'm asking because I lent someone my Klein DAC II and forgot to give them the remote that came with it!

Eluxe   

Hello,

I am seriously considering this DAC but have a question :

I saw you can chose between the different digital filters of the AK4490 chip or select the DSD mode (volume and delta-sigma modulator bypass). But is it possible to set the DAC as "External Digital Filter" bypassing the internal DF of the chip in order to use HQaudio filters with PCM files ?

Thank you very much !

Eluxe,

no the "external digital filter" mode is not available in this current design. It would only require a simple change to the the firmware to implement this mode though. I guess I could do a custom firmware version with it set to "external digital filter mode" but I would probably need to check with my programmer first. 

regards Clay

Edited by Gieseler Audio

rocky500   

@Conch Blowa Thanks for the link to the drivers.

I think this thread is more appropriate.

With the Singxer SU-1 I could not pass DSD to the Dac but was using a coax cable and I think this was why.

With the drivers installed now running USB (Curious cable) from PC with a Wyred 4 Sound Recovery USB Reclocker.

Must say it is sounding impressive. DSD sounds excellent too.

Super great Dac. :)

powerav   
On 04/03/2017 at 11:35 AM, peterhocking said:

Hi

I'm interested in a Klein II DAC. Does anyone know if it supports gapless playback?

TIA

Peter

Gapless has nothing to do with the dac it is the streaming device that will determine wether its gapless or not