yardley

panasonic 4k blueray player

kdoot   

For people like me who only run two channels of audio, a single HDMI port direct to the TV is not a problem. I'll be grabbing one of the entry-level Panasonics to replace the Sony S380 I scored for $30 on eBay :D

Are we getting the 700 model? Is it the same as the 400 model but with a front display?

:) al   

note below, seems we got a firmware update... good to see pana continuing to strive forth with this player,

I wonder when we get amazon support ?

interesting the luminance colour adjustment function for uhd ? wondering what that is all about. 

"

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/...b900_euro.html 

18/May/2017

Ver 1.74

- Amazon HDR support (UK/Germany/Austria only)

- Luminance/Colour adjustment function for Ultra HD Blu-ray

13/Apr/2017

Ver 1.73

- HEVC MKV/TS file playback support(Information)

- HDR picture adjustment support(Information)

- Network service compatibility

- Playability of Blu-ray Discemoji769.png and DVD Disc"

checked the update... still no amazon for us.... though apparently both us and eu get it ... so perhaps a licensing thing...

powerav   

Probably more to do with our slow nbn, they don't want to deal with the complaints.

kdoot   

JB Hifi is selling the UB900 for $498 at the moment. Is that as good a price as it looks on first glance?

~Spyne~   
1 hour ago, kdoot said:

JB Hifi is selling the UB900 for $498 at the moment. Is that as good a price as it looks on first glance?

It's a good price right now.

Consider however, that it was released with an $899rrp, then almost immediately dropped to $798 in stores, then $648 and then $598 in March, now $498 in May.

I suspect Panasonic is not selling very many at all and are dropping the price furiously to break into the market. I would guess this is a similar story for all UHD players out there at the moment.

Sammy and LG are doing the same thing (LG's unit has only been out a very short time and already $120 off initial rrp - Samsung's player was initially $599rrp and now sits a hair under $300 in 'Big Yellow' and a few other stores).

Of course, Oppo will not get involved in a price war.

Grab while can as my understanding a limited pana backed promotion. And then likky back up again. 600 or so is not unusual to find this at. . At best.