SOLD: FS: the wand tonearm - from nz

Item: the Wand 9.5 inch plus tonearm

Price: $350

Item Condition: some scratches from the sharp tonearm rest - applied foam to the rest after noticing.

Reason for selling: quite frankly - i am going to hate parting with this arm - it has been the best sounding arm in my system so far... I have moved to a linear air bearing.

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash

Extra Info:

Pictures: to follow

Edited by Seany

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would have been Xmas come early for me if this had come up 2 months ago before I bought my new Wand Classic!!

This has to be the bargain of the century - I love the sound of mine (it replaced a Jelco 750) and highly recommend it!

Is the length close to Rega?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fits 'standard' (Rega type) 23mm hole at 222mm from the spindle. But mounting kits available for direct mounting on Technics, Lenco , SME etc.

I have just the same turntable setup, with a vacant spot for an arm just like this one! Bugger.

No Audiomods? Thought it might be an interesting comparison if you got the Wand and also had an Audiomods arm (I think Peter from PTP fame sells both arms)

Am happy to hear that!  :) Its not the most user friendly design, and certainly nowhere near as adjustable as an Audiomods arm (or the Jelco 750 I had before it), but there is something special about it's natural and organic presentation. I am definitely a unipivot fan (if this is part of the reason for this).

No Audiomods? Thought it might be an interesting comparison if you got the Wand and also had an Audiomods arm (I think Peter from PTP fame sells both arms)

Picked it in one. Audiomods arm already resides on my Lenco. But there's room for another arm, especially if it was a Wand.