Titillating Tonearms

I like turntables, and in particular I like tonearms. I find the various differing ways to drag a needle around a record absolutely fascinating. I love the style, the engineering and the overall aesthetics. To me tonearms are titillating. :D

Which tonearms do it for you? I'll show you mine if you show me yours...:o

To start with I'll show you this - my current favourite (it's actually Smithy's :))

tsurube.jpg

_graphics_koma1.jpg

The 47 Laboratory Tsurube Tonearm

The arm suspension is divided into two points, the horizontal suspension at the arm pivot and the vertical suspension at the middle of the arm length, to improve the trackability and to reduce the effect of the arm mass

OK, now I've exposed mine (JCR's actually) - let's see yours :D

And guys - more photos less chat...

cheers

2sheds

• Like 2

I like turntables, and in particular I like tonearms. I find the various differing ways to drag a needle around a record absolutely fascinating. I love the style, the engineering and the overall aesthetics. To me tonearms are titillating. :D

Which tonearms do it for you? I'll show you mine if you show me yours...:o

To start with I'll show you this - my current favourite (it's actually Smithy's :))

tsurube.jpg

_graphics_koma1.jpg

The 47 Laboratory Tsurube Tonearm

The arm suspension is divided into two points, the horizontal suspension at the arm pivot and the vertical suspension at the middle of the arm length, to improve the trackability and to reduce the effect of the arm mass

OK, now I've exposed mine (JCR's actually) - let's see yours :D

And guys - more photos less chat...

cheers

2sheds

Its a mazing what you can do with a high temp silicon "O" ring .

Cheers

Thats not a tonearm - this is a tonearm!

Then these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyiBonMogNA&NR=1

Can ypu pick the one I cut out on the bandsaw last night.

I'm with your sheds - part of the ttracction with records and audio for me is the engineering, design, looks, an "feel" and the tone arm is amonngst the best parts along with a nice spinning platter!

Still too new to it all to have a favoutrite but must say the B&O I have in the shed has a certain attraction for me at the moment - I know B&O can be hit and miss on the quality of audio side but they did have great designers - and for em that is a part of what "entertainment" is about (ie form and function - but why not have great function and great form"

So too much talk but still getting to know and love all the magical tonearms.