Currently Purchasing

Nice stuff rehabitat ;-)

Thanks mate. They arrived yesterday. I spun the Tortoise LP, and some of the music took me quite by surprise.

I like surprises ;)

Experimedia sent me a bonus bandcamp download voucher with the package of some obscure electronic drone project, "Loss/Gain". That on top of the bomb-proof packaging and the pristine condiion of all the items....well that's service for you, with a :)

• Like 1

Guest Misterioso

Just ordered from Groove Gallery Records: The Complete Thelonious Monk at the IT Club. Remarkably, this is my first purchase of Vinyl in about 25 years. I am back in black.

Just ordered from Groove Gallery Records: The Complete Thelonious Monk at the IT Club. Remarkably, this is my first purchase of Vinyl in about 25 years. I am back in black.

Good stuff!  I've had that on CD for 15 or so years, and it's still my favourite jazz recording.  It's hard to comprehend the old bebop clubs that had signs "no dancing" when Monk hit the stage. I think I would have been thrown out every time - had I been alive in the day! There's some amazing energy and a group of fine musicians absolutely "in sync."  Make sure you have a cigar and some red to get the atmosphere "just right" when you play those records. :)

I'm currently waiting on "Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington:  The Great Summit/Complete Sessions".  What I've heard is superb, unsurprisingly. 

Also, with that is coming "Visual Audio Sensory Theatre", by VAST - and I think another album of theirs as well, if I heard my lovely wife correctly.  Any other VAST fans here?

Yes, a long time VAST fan. Their selftitled album is astounding. I have thought so from the first time I heard it many years ago when it came out. Recently bought it on vinyl from the band website.

• Like 1

I'm sure you will enjoy it. The records sound great, the music is even better. ;)

These cd's have arrived in the post in the last couple of weeks,

Anthony Joseph & The Spasm Band - Live In Bremen

Renaud Garcia-Fons - Mediterranees

- Oriental Bass

- Solo, The Marcovel Concert

John Scofield - Uberjam Deux

The Herbaliser - Same As It Never Was

Dave Brewer - Night Walkin'

The Orb feat Lee Scratch Perry - More Tales From The Orbservatory

Quantic & Alice Russell - Look Around The Corner

Tricky - False Idols

Basic Channel

Dumpstafunk - Dirty Word

too many others in the past month to mention. Some listening time needed now :)

• Like 1

Fido's not home man.....

"don't answer the phone even it's me calling!"

(you have to realise that this quote comes from 1978 when every phone in the world was on a cable and you had no idea who was calling)

Edited by mr-happy-pants

"don't answer the phone even it's me calling!"

(you have to realise that this quote comes from 1978 when every phone in the world was on a cable and you had no idea who was calling)

ah, back in the olden days I was a mates house, the phone was ringing, I asked him if he was going to get it, "nah" he replied "I don't answer the phone if it's not for me"

Yes, a long time VAST fan. Their selftitled album is astounding. I have thought so from the first time I heard it many years ago when it came out. Recently bought it on vinyl from the band website.

Ah, excellent.  I'm getting that & "April".  Can't wait.  What's the "Generica" stuff like?

New lp from the Fixx. I thought they had split. Shuttered room and Reach The Beach are classic albums. For $7 from Amazon, how could you go wrong.

Great Gatsby and Bruno Mars for my daughters upcoming bday. Great Gatsby on Jack White's Third Man records

post-105087-0-16554900-1377920524_thumb.

post-105087-0-72123300-1377920534_thumb.

post-105087-0-02581700-1377920544_thumb.

I have that FIXX album, but find it very inconsistent. Obviously recorded over a long period- the mixes and mastering are so variable. The best tracks are as good as anything they have ever done.

What a great band they are. Jamie West -Oram is a brilliant guitarist: I don't think he could peal off a scorching solo if he tried. His work is all texture and accents, incredible control and discipline IMHO.

I have a great 'off air' tape of their Melbourne show at the Venue in St. Kilda decades ago. Excellent live band.

ZM.

I have that FIXX album, but find it very inconsistent. Obviously recorded over a long period- the mixes and mastering are so variable. The best tracks are as good as anything they have ever done. What a great band they are. Jamie West -Oram is a brilliant guitarist: I don't think he could peal off a scorching solo if he tried. His work is all texture and accents, incredible control and discipline IMHO. I have a great 'off air' tape of their Melbourne show at the Venue in St. Kilda decades ago. Excellent live band. ZM.

Hi Zen, I hear you and 100% agree.  After Reach the Beach, all their LP's have some great tracks mixed with turds.  I have Walkabout, Phantoms, Calm Animals and Ink and they all have that inconsistency.

But for $7 I will buy every time.

In fact, gonna play Walkabout now - side one is excellent.

Agree, great live

Cheers

Edited by turntable

The "1011 Woodland" set is worth tracking down. Most of the tracks are re-dos of older material with a more acoustic focus. The mastering is excellent- very 3D.

"The Shuttered Room" , the debut album also stands up well .

Nice to know there are other FIXX-sters out their. Kudos to you sir.

ZM.