Arthur and George ABC Tonight

I don't know if this will be any good but the book it is based on by Julian Barnes is superb and the true story it's based on is rather interesting. I don't watch much telly but I'll give this a go.

That wasn't bad at all. It really helps to know what's going on to have a knowledge of the book as it could have got confusing in places. Martin Clunes is a better actor than I thought, I only know him as a comical buffoon.

Very low key was it not . I enjoyed the recreation of the suitably ' hokey' Victoriana plot..

Enjoyed the just finished series ' MAPP AND LUCIA' much more. Very droll and amusing. Full of vicious one liners delivered from rictus smiles, as the two small town power-woman, go head to head. Sadly, no second series on the cards.

ZM.

Very low key was it not . I enjoyed the recreation of the suitably ' hokey' Victoriana plot..

Enjoyed the just finished series ' MAPP AND LUCIA' much more. Very droll and amusing. Full of vicious one liners delivered from rictus smiles, as the two small town power-woman, go head to head. Sadly, no second series on the cards.

ZM.

I love the Mapp And Lucia books.There was an 80's/90's tv production with a good cast but it was an awful adaptation and I couldn't watch more than the first 10 minutes so I shall look out for the new version.

Growing up in an English village/small town I knew so many people who could have been templates for Benson's characters.

Benson was a brilliant writer was he not. He totally understood the art of 'camp', and it's central position in British life and humour.

You will love the new version. The cast from 'The League of Gentleman' are ' all over it '.

But, as noted, apparently too subtle for current tastes, and hence no second series at this point.

ZM.