arcam avr 380 sub output causing buzzing through speakers

Hi,

My arcam avr 380's sub output is causing a buzzing sound through the speakers whenever I'm playing a game or stress testing my gpu (lounge PC). It still happens even if I isolate the rca's for the sub, buzz free if there's no rca's at all. 

Can someone shine some light on why?

There is a lack of reference ground on either the computer or amp, try another power point somewhere in the house for the computer or with the amp on the same power point. Buzzing from RCA usually means the "source" is not grounded at the same potential as the amp, allowing for noise to be injected from power supply and other switching going on.

This is called a ground loop. If both the computer/amp chassis are at differing earth potentials, noise will make it's way into the signal path. Check for ground loops on google for more information.

There is a lack of reference ground on either the computer or amp, try another power point somewhere in the house for the computer or with the amp on the same power point. Buzzing from RCA usually means the "source" is not grounded at the same potential as the amp, allowing for noise to be injected from power supply and other switching going on.

This is called a ground loop. If both the computer/amp chassis are at differing earth potentials, noise will make it's way into the signal path. Check for ground loops on google for more information.

The computer and receiver were on the same the powerboard when I first heard the buzz, put the pc to another outlet and it still happened. The only thing that I can really think of that's causing the interference is the Foxtel box I have that's between them.

keep trying, unplug the foxtel box, you may find the noise disappear.

There is an injection point somewhere. Did you try another power point for all devices on 1 patch board ? This may find a culprit. You may find a bad RCA, this is rare if you love your RCA's. If you have a multi meter use it to trace out all the case to cord resistance.  I feel the pain, think of it as a hunt for a cause and learn about the dreaded ground loop, for next time. 

Hum is caused by the mains, lack of ground return to the earth bar and MEN, Switch buzz is caused by injection of raw digital or other switching frequencies on to the RCA, lack of ground return from component to the patch board then ground.

If the system did not do it before an addition of a component, such as an Active Sub, you would start there with that component.

Keep Posting, would like you to get to the bottom of it.

Check your patch board as well. (edit)

:thumb::) Had few problems myself in the past

Edited by Guest