Howdy! Just getting back into Hi Fi after a few years out of the audiophile arena.

fidelity4u

Gi, I'm just introducing myself as a new member.

I'm getting back into Audio after a while out of the scene - sold all my gear for a bmw road bike...  I've had a mixture of things in the past ESL63s, Osborne Titans, B&W 802s; integrated valve amp, valve pre + transistor monoblocks; Meridian, Wadia, EAD front ends... Linn sondek  turntable..

I am looking to build a new system at the moment for my girlfriend - she has given me $3000 of her hard earned money to play with on new or old gear. So, I've started to take up the challenge of building something I'd be happy with for that type of cash (which is tough, but achievable I think..).

Anyway, hope to get to know some of you guys soon.

And, if you have any good gear at a reasonable price let me know - I'm going to need the lot (speakers, amp, CD player/dac, speaker cables..)

Cheers,

T

Greetings

Haunt the classifieds

Ask in want to buy

You know how it works

1.decide the sound signature first with HER involvement

2buy speakers first at 50% of total budget

3 work back from there

4 all bets off if something pure as snow falls from heaven over Christmas

Gidday,

I was in the same boat as you a couple of years ago, returning to the 'fold' after a gap of several years. I'd spent half a fortune on my previous ever-evolving high-end system and thought the better of it, eventually selling it off.

First consideration I reckon is the size and type of room your system will occupy. That will dictate the choice of speakers. If you choose stand-mounts, get solid, thick stands and fill with dry sand. (Spending a little extra here will reap rewards). Speakers (and stands if applicable) are so important. 

Knowing your thoughts regarding suitable speakers will help us forum members recommend specific amps and digital sources that have good synergy.

Edited by was_a