NO LONGER AVAILABLE: Pair of Elektra Audio InfraBass Bipolar Subwoofers - Special Edition (+Significant Upgrades)

Item: Pair of Elektra Audio InfraBass Bipolar Subwoofers

Price: Cost $6600 for the two, sell $2000 includes $40 donation to SNAs

Item Condition: Cosmetic - 7/10, operational - 10/10. 
Reason for selling: Using full range speaker, no longer needed.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Bank Deposit .
Extra Info: Each cabinet has 2 upgraded 10" Focal Kevlar drivers.

Internally Rewired with Jenna Labs wire. Large Bybee Quantum Purifiers on all positive and

all negative speaker inputs and small Bybee purifiers on RCA amplifier inputs.

Special Edition also has upgraded 500W internal amps.

Dimensions & Weight: 535 x 335 x 410h with spikes. 35KG each

Each box/cabinet has 2 Focal 10 inch drivers in a Bipolar configeration , which means they are at oppossite ends of the enclossure .

The big advantage is active vibration cancellation, improving the dynamic range, and reducing the vibrational load on the box.

The 500watt amps are class A B , not digital .

Having 2 subwoofers with 4 total drivers means you can run the amps much more effortlessly with better sound quality at lower volumes than if you had just one .

It is also better with eliminating room modes if you position them asymmetricaly. You also get smoother bass .

If your a serious buyer, are fairly local and don't mind lugging around a bit of weight , you can have an audition in your own system .

post-109458-0-44212500-1418028789_thumb.

post-109458-0-52313000-1418028940_thumb.

post-109458-0-69809800-1418029026_thumb.

When I was using them ,  I had a preamp with 2 outputs .

One output would go to a power amp and this would go to my main electrostatic speakers that were bass shy , so they tented to roll off naturally in the upper midbass (?) area . The other output from the preamp

went directly into the 2 subwoofers and I used the variable upper frequency cut off , to blend them in to the main speakers .

So does your amp have a single output that is the two channels blended together .  If so that would be mono , ... right ?

If so , ideally it would be better to have 2 outputs for stereo sound . No I don't have a subwoofer splitter cable .

• 4 weeks later...