Holiday house in Rye — SNA only

My mum has a holiday house in Rye. She has just gone into an aged care home and we want to avoid selling it in the new year. I'm looking too recover some expenses on the place not make a heap of money.

Its half way between Rye and Blairgowrie and a 10 minute walk to the bay beach down Flinders Road.

It has 3 bedrooms, 2 living areas, 1 toilet, 1 bathroom, and a nice deck. It is securely gated if you have kids or dogs.

It isn't luxurious but it is comfortable in an 80s kind of way.

It has never been rented and has only been used by my family. 

Its available from around 12 December to mid-January.

$500 per week - minimum 2 weeks.

You will need to take your own linen.

This is only for longstanding SNA members.

• Like 3

For anyone not familiar with the Mornington Peninsula, it has just been nnominated as the fifteenth most desirable holiday destination in the world.

$500 a week is an absolute bargain price for this neck of the woods at this time of year.

ZM.

What a pity the timing wasn't a little different.

Mrs Boss headed to Melbourne to see her sister for her 60th BD last month and 3 days before they were to catch up, the sister was carted off to hospital yet again for some more attention. (She has had more operations than most people have hot dinners and would do well with a zipper instead of stitches).

They had booked a week at Marlow but had to cancel at the last minute and look for something closer to Melbourne for fewer days. Because they were visiting around grand final time, everything was either booked our uber expensive. They also got screwed by the 2nd place as so many things were wrong -  things fell apart, noisy, dirty, gas stopped working (no showers / cooking / heating). He offered a 2 day refund but has failed to cough up with any money. The sisters son also drove her car over from Tasmania but crashed it on the first day so that cost heaps to fix.

Good luck renting this - it should go quickly......

Too cheap Russ. But a fantastic offer and a generous one to boot. I hope you get it rented by someone here.

Childhood memories of the big caravan park at Rye/Sorrento at Xmas time in the 60's, dare say it's changed a bit since then.

Too cheap Russ. But a fantastic offer and a generous one to boot. I hope you get it rented by someone here.

Childhood memories of the big caravan park at Rye/Sorrento at Xmas time in the 60's, dare say it's changed a bit since then.

Yes, its cheap Luc but i dont want to go through the hassle of a formal renting to strangers.

with my mum now in a home its still the best place for us to take her away for weekends and spend a bit of time together, so it would be good to hang on to it.

Maybe next year if we still have it ill be a bit more organised and rent it commecially, but till then i wouldnt mind covering the rates etc

Edited by buddyev