Review Style

I dont read a lot of reviews, imo reviewing is too subjective to get much definitive information. You have to know the reviewer's style and level of experience to realise the relevance of the info to your own situation. And even then, there are a lot of variables.

I quite enjoyed this review, not so much for the product reviewed, or his conclusion, but it has one of the most interesting introductions I've read in a long time. I like his style, and agree with his introduction.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue75/grimm_ls1.htm

He would be an annoying person to hang out with. The reviewer i mean.

1. I listen to music to enjoy it. That includes bags of detail thank you, but not if it means that it becomes awful. Fortunately so far that is not the case of the top level gear i have heard. Its lots of detail and it sounds wonderful. But that brings me to my second point...

2. How do you know its accurate. How do you know that its not exaggerated detail. How do you know how much bass is on that Beatles record.

3. Most hifi is pretty accurate. Its only obsessive types that want to take it further and further until it all becomes meaningless.

I guess that puts me in a different camp. Accurate.....as long as it serves a purpose.

Magico Q3 with Vitus amps. Whats that lot worth $100k. Violin as good as the last live violin i heard at the ABC Brisbane studios ( before some cretin took away the ABCs funding). Was it completely accurate. Possibly, maybe not, who cares. It sounded brilliant at the time i heard it. It wasnt a familiar system, track or room, or even city. But at the time it was perfect enough and it was wonderfully expressive.