Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

Just finished watching Guardians of the Galaxy with the wife.

Enjoyable, great soundtrack and some light humour, plus a nice mix of pop culture references for the audience.

Not sure it was worth all the praise I saw floating around after its release, but still a good movie to kick back to.

Its definitely received some mixed responses after a viewing for sure. I must admit comparing this film to something like the Avengers, I found that Guardians of the Galaxy adds in a lot more humour to make the slower moments of what generally makes a good film (building up character development and storyline) just that bit more interesting.

Hmm lemme see, you've seen the intelligent thought provoking genre.. so how about some 'mindless' sci-fi action? Late on the cusp of the 80s, buddy cop fare with the Dolph... I suspect right about now your expectations are a low as mine were, but its a surprisingly entertaining movie with a pretty interesting premise (and some cool big explosions that might depending on the quality of the transfer give the subbie a work out)..

attachicon.gificomeinpeaceposter.jpg

Honestly it is a good movie :D

@ If you are still after a good sci-fi movie, I know its the 80s and the Dolph..

But it really is a good popcorn action sci-fi fun flick :thumb:

• Like 2

Brilliant movie, Jaws.

Been a few years since last viewing.

I definitely rate it as one of the best "monster" movies ever (after Alien of course).

Great setup, character developments, tension, cinematography, everything.

As soon as they get on to Quint's boat everything changes.

The camera angles, the close-up shots of their faces, and superb acting.

And Quint's death scene is one of the best ever I reckon

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

"The Interview"

Downloaded it to see what the fuss was all about.

What a waste of an hour this was.

I know the movie goes for nearly 2, but fortunately I was able to use the FF button quite regularly.

Can understand why the North Koreans are protesting about it.

The rest of the world should do the same.

• Like 1

"The Interview"

Downloaded it to see what the fuss was all about.

What a waste of an hour this was.

I know the movie goes for nearly 2, but fortunately I was able to use the FF button quite regularly.

Can understand why the North Koreans are protesting about it.

The rest of the world should do the same.

I found the Movie informative and enjoyable.Supreme Leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea does in fact have a "Bum Hole"

Stump

• Like 2

Boxing Day is chill out day for the wife and I.  Always the big lead up  so we basically hit the wall by today.

So It's a seafood lunch, some wine and a low IQ movie.

Today I think we nailed it all when we went with

Sin-City-A-Dame-to-Kill-For-teaser-poste

Loved it.   :party :party Eva Green goes okay.   I loved the Penny Dreadful TV series and I can see why now.  :thumb: :thumb:

Regards Cazzesman

• Like 1

Boxing Day is chill out day for the wife and I.  Always the big lead up  so we basically hit the wall by today.

So It's a seafood lunch, some wine and a low IQ movie.

Today I think we nailed it all when we went with

Sin-City-A-Dame-to-Kill-For-teaser-poste

Loved it.   :party :party Eva Green goes okay.   I loved the Penny Dreadful TV series and I can see why now.  :thumb: :thumb:

Regards Cazzesman

I must admit I did love the first one, but the dog scene with the bones in the stove just got to me sooo much. Is it quite as "full on" as the first? I don't want to miss out if its a good film hehe

I'm going through the Back to the Future trilogy with my daughter. Almost 30 years on and they stand the test of time (unlike so many other films). Special mention: This is one of the films Flea has a cameo in. He's the Where's Wally of cinematography.

back_to_the_future_1.jpg

• Like 1