Currently Watching - popcorn anyone?

Killer Joe. - directed by William Friedkin. - came out in 2012 and quite a confronting disturbing movie.  

Stars Mathew McConaughey who plays a sadistic cop who moonlights as a killer for hire. Revolves around a complete trailor trash screwed up family. Somewhat hard to watch, but you can't stop watching it.

http://screenrant.com/killer-joe-movie-reviews/

killerjoe_loc.jpg

This is real trailer park trash at it's squirmy best. Quite a good cast and director make this a car crash that as Metal Beat said, you can't stop looking at. Thr very first scene with Gina Gershon sets the tone.

Edited by illusion
  • Like 1

At loose ends now. Have watched all of Game of Thrones (I get it now), up to speed with my other current faves (Hell on Wheels, TWD), but not sure what to dip into next.

I tried Black Sails, but the Aussie actors are a turn off. Might have to have a go at that other pirate show, Crossbones.

Open for suggestions.

Suits

• Like 1

Watched Event Horizon yesterday. My stupid Remote IR Extender just so happens to clitch at the WORST moment (the scene where something is banging against the biohazard wall in the med room). I pressed the remote 2-3 times for only a few db higher and it ends up going to 80 (which is reference level) The scene just changes to a REALLY loud screaching sound all of a sudden and my heart is still pounding from the moment. I had to run up to the surround sound processor to put the volume down. LOL

The film is a brilliant mix of scifi and horror.

• Like 1

Was watching White House Down last night but fell asleep towards the end.

Will finish it off tonight.

I must say for a "siege" movie it is pretty un-intense and could have been a lot better....

:unsure:

The car chase around the gardens was ridiculous.

Seriously...

Hoping the ending redeems it but I seriously doubt it.

I'll never understand all the fuss over Jamie Foxx BTW.

He's pretty mediocre at the best of times IMO.

Poor man's Denzel.

:mellow:

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher

Well, "White House Down" didn't get any better.

James Woods was the only good thing about it.

I think I almost vomited a bit when the girl waved the flag.

So lame.

Would have been better as a Nicholas Cage movie.

At least then it would have been funny

:lol:

Just saw Predator on bluray at my best mates house. Overall impressions? "GETTTT TOOOO DAA CHOPPPER" hahaha. So many famous one liners. I would still like to see Arnie go up against a Xenomorph. Its amazing to see how much the picture has degraded, it didn't seem like a particularly well done remaster, it was noticable at a few continuing points of conversation that the audio changed from mastered to original.

The movie is just spectacular though, with a similar feel to Alien in the way the film was structured, fantastic character development that went into a slightly predictable ending (unavoidable with this genre of action i'm sure) but an excellent pace to the story (slow enough to get used to the characters and build up some suspense, but quick enough not to seem long winded, especially for an 80s film).

Now to get onto Predator 2 :) 

• Like 1

I rewatched the Predator movies a while back.

There's some super cheesy shots in Predator 1.

Espcially one with Arnie, holding weapon, elbow at 90 degrees, muscles flexed to the max, slowly walking in to the frame on the left, then turning to the right.

:lol:

Classic 80's muscle shot.

The scene where Billy breaks off that vine or whatever it is and drinks from it is somewhat homoerotic too....

:unsure:

IF IT BLEEDS WE CAN KILL IT!

Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit, last night.

Another cookie cutter Hollywood "America Hoo-Aah" movie *sigh*

Totally uninteresting with cliche characters and all the actors seemed really bored.

Felt like a washed out Bourne movie.

Gaaaawd I need to watch something good soon!

hahahaha. "Whos your Daddy and What Does He Do" Great Kindergarden Cop haha

Just watched Intersteller at Imax, wow what an experience. The sound is SOOO loud even by my standards haha The bass, the screen size, the movie story, the visuals. Far out....

Finally got back up and running after my plate amp drama and felt the urge to hook into a few flicks over the weekend...

Weekend at Bernie's was a lot of fun and then I followed up with Forrest Gump. One of those ones that keeps up pretty well to the hype IMHO.

Managed to get the house to myself for a bit this arvo and ran When we were Soldiers. A bit schmaltzy in parts but the fighting scenes are unbelievable. I think my heart rate is still up and I was watching well down from reference. Must be tremendous/scary in a good HT!!

Funny you should mention Op shops..

A flatmate and I were actually on TV for about 5 secs in an ACA or similar program for buying cheap music at Crime Converters jeez over 20 years ago now!

We were in the Indooroopilly store, and the record I picked up at random as the camera scrolled behind me was Nana Mouskouri lol

• Like 1

Funny you should mention Op shops..

I walked into a record store in Mackay, North Qld about 30 years ago. My eyes were straight away drawn to the dark gentleman flicking through records at the back of the store, swathed in an orangey sheet. I recognised him as Kamahl. He left shortly after so I checked out what music he was browsing.

Yep, Kamahl.

Edited by Jake
  • Like 3