Farewell Faithful LG, you will not be forgotten.

It is truly a sad day.  My faithful old LG has started making marbles-chucked-into-a-computer-fan type noises.  I checked the cooling fan and it is not the culprit so it must be the colour wheel, and that is not a good thing.

I really liked my old DLP rear projection TV, at the time (which was 2007) it was about a third of the price of a 50 inch plasma so it was well priced, and bigger at 56 inch, at 720p it was higher definition than I required (I still only have 2 blu ray discs) at the time and it was capable of both analog and digital tuning.  But it seems we will share a lounge no more, I very much doubt it can be fixed (feel free to prove me wrong here guys, I'd like nothing more) for a reasonable price.

It may just be time for me to "convert" to LCD.  Time for a beer I think.  Here's to the old TV!

Stupid, watery-arsed, tiny, little, underpants wearing, backup TV.  I actually had to zoom in the camera to get it to fill the frame, can you believe it?  That never would have been needed in the good old days!

post-130663-0-96977000-1416352919_thumb.

OK, I've ordered a new 55 inch LCD, nice and cheap at $1280.  And a wall mounting kit, might as well try to keep that imaging if I can.

It's only a full HD resolution model but who really cares, I'm not likely to have a need for 4k until at least 3 years after it is superseded for the second time.

• Like 1

And now my backup TV has failed.  The 32 inch LCD has started ghosting, holding a 5 second old image over the currently showing one.  Also after about 10 minutes of operation the brightness ramps up to 100% and then back down all the way and starts again, it takes about 5 seconds to cycle through.  

This sucks!

Time to resort to the secondary backup, an old 48cm flat screen CRT.

And the CRT won't accept an RCA video input, it sort of accepts a component input but only shows it in black and white and only detects the input signal about every forth time I turn it on.  Now this complicates matters!

So...

I have now borrowed a TV from Retravision, which is where I ordered the new LCD from.  Thank God for borrower units!

Seems like you're having a bit of a run of bad luck there Cafad.  I feel for you.  

On my trip to Hobart last week Qantas baggage mishandling managed to smash my BenQ DLP projector so the lamp stays on for only 1 minute, the image can't be focused and there is a noticeable shadow on the left side of the image.  :(  Considering it was packed with lots of padding and in a hard shell case, they must have drop kicked it across the tarmac a few times to end up this way.  Not impressed.

Cheers,

Alan