Denon POA-3000Z(R) - Power Amplifier

Hello -- Anyone had any experience with these Denon amps from the mid 80's? I got my eye on one, any feedback always appreciated.

Cheers

The Fez

I've repaired a few POA1500s. I suspect the 3000 may not have been imported into Australia in significant (or any) numbers. The POA1500 was reasonably well built and is pretty easy to work on and the 3000 looks not too bad either (similar, but more crowded construction). The POA1500 was a competent performer. 

Can't remember exactly which model it was but one of the old POA's were consistent in blowing output transistors due to a badly designed output stage and a fix was amended/discussed on diyaudio while ago. Think it might've been the 1500i but my memory is vague. Used 1500's float around on the German and US ebay domains around $150-300. They are fairly easy to fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly. The original POA-3000 was released I think late 70's. Various evolutions followed into mid 80's. Perhaps a model not released in Australia. I have noted the 3000Z in Europe - Germany. Note seen any ZR versions however. Could be a Japan only model.