NO LONGER AVAILABLE: FS: PRICE DROP Acurus by Mondial A200 power amp (200wpc) Made in USA

Item: Acurus A200 - 200 watts per channel (into 8 ohms, 300wpc into 4 ohms) power amplifier

Price: $800 $600 inc. $20 to SNA. Happy to ship at buyer's expense. Will consider reasonable offers

Item Condition: Good used condition. Some scuffs and inconsequential scratches. Working perfectly.

Reason for selling: Streamlining. Circumstances are not conducive to a multi-box system.

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only. Ship at Buyer's expense

Extra Info: I bought this when I was working at Encel and I elected to pay around 25% more for this than a Rotel RB1080. Compared with the RB1080 it was a no-brainer. The Rotel is a heck of a lot of amp for the money but this was cleaner, clearer and without the lower-mid bump that is Rotel's house sound. You're definitely not paying a premium for fancy casework but it sounds awesome, heaps of grip and authority.

Acurus was the stablemate of Aragon, both of which were made by Mondial Designs (Dan D'Agostino of Krell fame was apparently involved there somewhere along the way) which was bought by Klipsch, shelved and subsequently re-introduced a couple of years ago with a whole new line-up.

Pictures:

I also have a DAC/Pre for sale if you need it. http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php?/topic/72482-fs-bel-canto-eone-dac25-controller-dacprehead-amp/

post-142987-0-49825000-1413114478_thumb.

post-142987-0-56016300-1413114493_thumb.

Edited by RankStranger

• 2 weeks later...

Geez I'd love to give this a go but the tyranny of distance is against me. And me being in Melb last week...

Oh well, good luck with it,
I hope you sell it, it looks (via the specs) like a powerful little package and the 'grip' you mention is something I'd like to hear/witness.

• 3 weeks later...