REMINDER - Re-listing classified ads

Just a reminder of our classified guidelines that allow members to be able to re-list classified ads only after 30 days from the original listing. Lately there has been an increase in members attempting to re-list ads early.

This has resulted in the moderator team deciding to tighten up on this guideline.

Please be aware that, if you attempt to re-list prior to the 30 days, we will follow your request to archive the original ad but will delete any new ad that appears.

Our guidelines are there to make it fair for all members. They are not hard to follow.

To re-list an item after 30 days, first hit the report button at the foot of your original ad and use the report to let us know of your intention to re-list.

This prompts us to archive your original ad. You can then post the new ad.

• Like 3

Our guidelines are there to make it fair for all members. They are not hard to follow.

It might just be a case of not knowing?  I have listed quite a few things on the site, and sold then all, so haven't needed to relist.

But if I did, I wouldn't have known about this I don't think?

Perhaps worth people familiarising themselves with the rules as linked too by wol.

"AUTOMATIC ARCHIVING | REPOSTING OF ADS

Advertisements are automatically archived after 120 days (unless reported Sold earlier). Do not post duplicate advertisements within 30 days of your previous advertisement.

If you wish to relist your ad after 30 days, please report your previous advertisement, and moderators will mark it as "relisted". If this is ignored, all duplicate advertisements may inadvertently be deleted."

Keep in mind guys we aren't an eBay, what we have here is manually done by a small band of volunteers, if people ignored the above rule and started relisting in 7 days can imagine the behind the scenes that has to happen to support. Plus it's unfair vs those whom do keep within the rule and let run course for 30 days :)

Your support is essential for this to work fairly for all :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@@Baz W

nothing you stopping you changing the price or whatever on the original add. we just don't go through the process of re listing …i.e. archive previous add…and you re listing a new add till after 30 days as can imagine with the volume of stuff that goes through here, it would be quite a job for the small band of volunteers we are doing this at peoples whim at any quicker frequency. we aren't an ebay or anything….

so yeah within the 30 days do what ever you want with your original add. relist after the 30 days...

and please guys use the report function if wanting to relist….so we can archive the old add. plus please use the report function once an item is sold or sold pending so we can archive as sold.

• 2 months later...

guys, what's the best way to relist an item? is there a relist button somewhere?

cheers

When ready to re-list, start a new ad by copying and pasting the info from your old ad. Then report the old as re-listed and we will archive it.

Guest yamaha_man

guys, what's the best way to relist an item? is there a relist button somewhere?

cheers

A realist button is a bloody great idea.  :thumb: