Gremlins on the Western Front

Last week I posted about one of my Subs not switching down in the auto on/off mode and now there's more Gremlins in the house.

The TV now has to be switched off then on again at the plug to stop it from freezing the on screen display on first power up- I can live with that

Then, I Recorded Life of Brian on the PVR the other night and later, overnight, Transferred it from the HDD to a DVD.

In the morning when I switched the system on, a message was telling me that the recording did not work and to check the disc; the disc looked fine so I tried to re-insert it, but the machine would not accept it. Tried playing a proper DVD and it won't work. The DVD part of the PVR is stuffed! 

Then! Ms Grumpy was in the kitchen yesterday making her Veggie juice and I heard a loud BANG! There she was covered in green goo (spinach and carrot) and the juicer in a hundred pieces. After checking to see if she was ok we had a good laugh at the Exorcist treatment that covered the kitchen and Ms Grumpy

Oh! and now the bedroom TV takes about 3 minutes to show a picture after turn on

AAAAHHH!!!!

I will not be playing any vinyl this week, just in case.

Grumpy

are any other neighbours having similar issues?  If they are, ring SA Power networks

Are your fuses and switchboard ok? If it isn't ring your electrician.

I am not an electrician, but something sounds crook in telerook.

Benje

I'm no electrician, but it does sounds like it could be a power supply problem.

I once had something similar. One evening the lights were noticeably dimmer than usual, and the TV (which was a CRT at the time) kept going on and off. The power would stay on, but the picture would blank out every few seconds then come back on again.

My assumption was that there must be a problem in the supply, and I wasn't receiving full voltage. (I think the TV problem might have been an indication that its capacitors were continually discharging then charging up again.)

In the end I shut everything off and went to bed. Everything was ok in the morning, and I didn't get covered in green goo either.

Grumpy

are any other neighbours having similar issues?  If they are, ring SA Power networks

Are your fuses and switchboard ok? If it isn't ring your electrician.

I am not an electrician, but something sounds crook in telerook.

Benje

And Tallarook