Musical Fidelity Nu Vista 800 Integrated

• 1 month later...

I used to have the original Nuvista M3 Integrated and matching 3D cd player. My biggest mistake was selling it! Would love to hear how the 800 sizes up against the original M3.

IMHO none of MF's integrated after the M3 have been as good. Genuinely interested in how this one sounds...

• Like 2

I used to have the original Nuvista M3 Integrated and matching 3D cd player. My biggest mistake was selling it! Would love to hear how the 800 sizes up against the original M3.

IMHO none of MF's integrated after the M3 have been as good. Genuinely interested in how this one sounds...

That pretty much sums up my opinion as well....but.....I still have my 3D cd player........ ;)

Edited by pulinap

That pretty much sums up my opinion as well....but.....I still have my 3D cd player........ ;)

Hmm, yeah it's a sore point with me. I bought the M3 & 3D new (my first real hi end purchase man years ago), and sold it all only months later getting the upgrade bug. Well at least i thought it was an upgrade at the time...

Silly boy ;)

• 1 month later...

I think its one of those special pieces in the "don't ask" territory...well I don't really want to know... :D

I received a call from Len Wallis Audio about a month ago and they indicated that the price would be $15K....I think...and from memory. I did ask about the availability of a demo unit, but he wasn't sure when.

PS That price might have been $16K, I'm not entirely sure. 

Edited by MusicOne

I received a call from Len Wallis Audio about a month ago and they indicated that the price would be $15K....I think...and from memory. I did ask about the availability of a demo unit, but he wasn't sure when.

quite possible, the 3D integrated from some years ago was a $10k affair so $15-$16k doesn't seem that far from the tree.

len wallis are good that way with demos and something like this be a great idea, experience in your own room and system...probably not want to let it go :D

I just can not imagine that it would be $10k better than my M6 500i. That's good - I won't be tempted  :D

Moving a company off shore to save on labour and manufacturing costs therefore putting people in England out of a job all in the name to be competitive,

then still have the gall to charge 8000 pounds for an amp is beyond me.

Edited by kab