Dayton Audio Test System - Melbourne (eastern Suburbs)

Grogamanda

Hi all,

Anyone on the eastern side of melbourne who has one of these DATS systems that might be able to let me use it for an hour?

I am happy to bring the drivers I need to test to you - I only have 4 to do lol...

I would be truly greatful.

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

I've been interested in the (updated) DATS v2, but now it's release has just been delayed till 8th of October.

I was hoping to use it to get in-box measurements (nice graph with 2 pointy bits) so I could correct this impedance curve. But now I'm wondering how to design the Zobel. The on-line calculators only seem to give an RC circuit, but the proper crossovers all have RLC networks, which makes a lot more sense.

So I'm not sure how helpful DATS would be. Are you wanting to use it to aid box design?

Edited by BioBrian

I've been interested in the (updated) DATS v2, but now it's release has just been delayed till 8th of October.

I was hoping to use it to get in-box measurements (nice graph with 2 pointy bits) so I could correct this impedance curve. But now I'm wondering how to design the Zobel. The on-line calculators only seem to give an RC circuit, but the proper crossovers all have RLC networks, which makes a lot more sense.

So I'm not sure how helpful DATS would be. Are you wanting to use it to aid box design?

Yes, its for box design - However first step is to work out what drivers I actually have...I have a lot sitting here with no references so need to get T/S parameters before I build lol

Yes, its for box design - However first step is to work out what drivers I actually have...I have a lot sitting here with no references so need to get T/S parameters before I build lol

Please post some photos, if we can get the datasheet, you wont need to measure to build the box, but you may need it to design the passive xover

• Like 1

Please post some photos, if we can get the datasheet, you wont need to measure to build the box, but you may need it to design the passive xover

Good idea. I have quite a few data sheets on Dynaudio, Peerless, Vifa, Audax, Seas and others. More than happy to help out if possible. Even with no labels, pics of the drivers may help us to ID the units.

Cheers!

Matt

Good idea. I have quite a few data sheets on Dynaudio, Peerless, Vifa, Audax, Seas and others. More than happy to help out if possible. Even with no labels, pics of the drivers may help us to ID the units.

Cheers!

Matt

Hi Guys - First Driver is 12 inch has a vent on the rear as per the pictures. post-147156-0-83770500-1410143802_thumb.post-147156-0-98539500-1410143856_thumb.

The other is an 8inch with some numbers on but cant find anything in google.post-147156-0-05151300-1410143914_thumb.

Would love your thoughts.

Im just about to build a unit for my new Jaycar 2145 Essentially for fun lol

I also have a 15inch phase linear HEAVY CAST unit which again I cant find parameters for....Dont want to build it and find the box is the wrong size.

Cheers

Richard

Ok, looks like you really need DATS, im in melbourne for few weeks, Doncaster to be exact, you can PM me if you like me to measure your woofers, but you may need to bring digital scale as we need to put some mass to measure the VAS

• Like 1

Ok, looks like you really need DATS, im in melbourne for few weeks, Doncaster to be exact, you can PM me if you like me to measure your woofers, but you may need to bring digital scale as we need to put some mass to measure the VAS

Hi Henry218 What a great offer. I am only around the corner in Ringwood. I also have a digital scale :-)

When would be good for you?

Cheers

Richard

• Like 2

Hi Henry218 What a great offer. I am only around the corner in Ringwood. I also have a digital scale :-)

When would be good for you?

Cheers

Richard

Night time is better :), can be any day as long as we set the time first.

You can bring as many as you want, it will only take about 1-2mins with VAS.

Bring some 10c, 20c and 50c coins too :D

• Like 1