SOLD: FS: Modwright modified Sony DVP-NS999ES CD/SACD/DVD (US 120V)

Item: Modwright modified Sony DVP-NS999ES CD/SACD/DVD (US 120V) + Tortech transformer & power board
Price: SOLD
Item Condition: Excellent condition with new laser replacement and service Sep 2013.
Reason for selling: Upgrade to ModWright OPPO 105D
Payment Method: Pickup – Cash or Bank transfer Only
Extra Info:

Up for sale is a Modwright Platinum Level Signature Truth modified Sony DVP-NS999ES CD/DVD player with 192K/24 bit audio DAC. It has new Laser replaced and serviced Sep 2013. The unit are in excellent condition without any mark and is using 120 volts power. I include in the sale is a Tortech 500VA transformer + US 6 outlet board. You can plays both CD and SACD. I am the second owner.

I have original box and manual for the Sony. I can find suitable boxes for the power supply and the transformer.

Serious buyers can audition as it still connected to my system. This CD beat the NAD M51. I did not use the NAD since bought this CD and eventually sold it.

The modification includes the following:

1. Upgrade rectifiers to Harris FRED ultrafast soft-recovery diodes
2. Upgrade main stock power supply filtering caps
3. Replace stereo analog stage with Modwright's own Class A tube stage
4. External custom built tube power supply featuring choke current regulation and discrete FET-based voltage regulation
5. Auricap coupling caps at outputs, tube stage direct-coupled from player
6. AC and slipstream Bybee filter mods
7. Revelation Audio Umbilical upgrade
8. Multi-channel op-amp upgrade
9. Tube stage specifications: 5687 dual triodes x 2. High-current, zero-feedback, Class A design. Low output impedance, capable of driving tube or solid state amp or preamp.

Some reviews:

http://www.positive-...wright999ES.htm

http://www.positive-...rightupdate.htm

Pictures:

Attached Images
  • Sony Modright2.jpg
  • Sony Modright1.jpg
  • Sony Modright3.jpg
  • Sony Modright4.jpg
  • Sony Modright5.jpg
  • Sony Modright6.jpg
  • Sony Modright7.jpg
Edited by leqt1969

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation.

Donation Payment Options

You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.

Click below to make a donation:

donate-button.png

Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.