Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery

Twin Peaks is awesome.

:)

The first 8 or so episodes were pretty straight forward, and then it got really bizarre.

That dancing midget gave me nightmares for weeks and thick red curtains still make me uneasy....

:blink:

37082.jpg

Absolutely LOVE the film ('Fire Walk With Me').... perhaps the most under-rated TV-tie-in-to-film of the last 20 years (IMHO).

I thought it was quite brilliant... but it got sh1t-canned on release I remember.

Not to mention the soundtrack, which is similarly wonderful.... must dig that CD up.

Edited by candyflip

I recall people wearing "I killed Laura Palmer" T-shirts back in the day.

^_^

Ah yes the soundtrack, and especially the opening theme was, and still is, very haunting and beautiful.

The end credits showing the year book photo(?) of Laura always gave me the creeps too.

Aaaaarghh I'm so gonna have to get this box set.

:lol:

Having not seen it since the 90's I wonder how well it has aged...

Part of me thinks it's timeless but it remains to be seen I suppose...

^_^

I watched it and and found it interminable and pretentious

I watched it and found it mesmerising and unique

You can take your pick

BTW the main reason I watched it was David Lynch's first movie Eraserhead, now that is a rather unique piece of work

Watched it the first time round on tv and it was quite an event, a group of us would get together. Good friends, good coffee and donuts.There wasn't much else like it on the box at the time. 

Just recently started on the dvd's, (up to ep 4 season 2), and I'm finding there's odd moments of almost unwatchable cliche quickly followed by the most sublime out there weirdness.

Still interesting, to say the least.

I watched it and and found it interminable and pretentious

I watched it and found it mesmerising and unique

You can take your pick

BTW the main reason I watched it was David Lynch's first movie Eraserhead, now that is a rather unique piece of work

I think your impressions, and others above, are all correct. It was a highly compromised production particularly for season two where Lynch was only partly involved. It lost its way, the rating dropped that led to cancellation. But those episodes directed by Lynch still had their magic about them. 

• 2 years later...