Shapelle Corby Tele-series

No idea what/who you were watching.

Anyway...I think the media did more damage than good, as usual. Her silly sister and others did not help either.

The story is done and she is not out, who do you think is benefiting from that TV series? I really do hope it is her as she deserves compensation, although nothing will be enough.

Deserves compensation? Not my opinion.

I hope she gets nothing, and I hate seeing convicted criminals profit from their criminal past.

Damn, I deleted all this stuff so i could move on and away from forums, but it didn't hold.

I'll try again.

Edited by ortofun

What's always puzzled me is who smuggles grass into Indonesia when it's freely available on arrival?  Regardless of guilt or innocence, the conditions in which she and other prisoners are forced to live are appalling.  Regardless, I wouldn't be watching the series even if it were available to me.

The grass that is "freely available" in Indonesia is pretty low quality.

What's always puzzled me is who smuggles grass into Indonesia when it's freely available on arrival?  Regardless of guilt or innocence, the conditions in which she and other prisoners are forced to live are appalling.  Regardless, I wouldn't be watching the series even if it were available to me.

The local product over there is probably equal in quality to what was here in the 80s, say equal to the quality of red wine in a 4L cask, whereas the drug produced here would be the equal of Grange in it's best year.  The prison conditions there are not the best however that is no secret, travel into such a jurisdiction and commit crime you're in no position to complain.  

That's one country in a fairly long list that I don't intend to go to.

Didn't they write a song about Bali?....Bali Hai.(or should that be Bali High?...as in high as a kite).

Edited by MusicOne
  • Like 1

No idea what/who you were watching.

Anyway...I think the media did more damage than good, as usual. Her silly sister and others did not help either.

The story is done and she is not out, who do you think is benefiting from that TV series? I really do hope it is her as she deserves compensation, although nothing will be enough.

Compensation??The family have have made $3million so far,I hope they saved some for Shapelle!! She should consider the 9 years a Working Holiday. :cool:

When media deals and book royalties are added to their sizeable defamation payout from Channel Seven, the Corby clan has amassed an estimated $3 million since Corby's arrest in 2004.

Schapelle Inc.

• $80,000 Fee paid by Channel Nine for exclusive family interview immediately after Schapelle was found guilty in May 2005.
  • $350,000 Advance payment from Pan Macmillan for rights to publish Schapelle’s book in November 2006.
  • $110,000 Sum paid by The Australian Women’s Weekly for book extracts that same year.
  • $2 million The defamation settlement believed to have been paid by Channel Seven to Mercedes Corby in 2008.
  • $50,000 Earned by Mercedes when she stripped for Ralph magazine, also in 2008.
  • $100,000 Rumoured figure paid by New Idea magazine in 2009 for an exclusive series of pro-Corby cover stories.

Compensation??The family have have made $3million so far,I hope they saved some for Shapelle!! She should consider the 9 years a Working Holiday. :cool:

When media deals and book royalties are added to their sizeable defamation payout from Channel Seven, the Corby clan has amassed an estimated $3 million since Corby's arrest in 2004.

Schapelle Inc.

• $80,000 Fee paid by Channel Nine for exclusive family interview immediately after Schapelle was found guilty in May 2005.
  • $350,000 Advance payment from Pan Macmillan for rights to publish Schapelle’s book in November 2006.
  • $110,000 Sum paid by The Australian Women’s Weekly for book extracts that same year.
  • $2 million The defamation settlement believed to have been paid by Channel Seven to Mercedes Corby in 2008.
  • $50,000 Earned by Mercedes when she stripped for Ralph magazine, also in 2008.
  • $100,000 Rumoured figure paid by New Idea magazine in 2009 for an exclusive series of pro-Corby cover stories.

i have decided to go to Bali with some grass! :P

Without having read any replies here apart from A's up above, I can safely say that I for one will never know a thing about this mini series and I'll be listening to Prince(as I am now) for some odd reason.

Sunday evening on the Far North Coast does that to you after a while.