The Academy must love David O Russell, it is two years in a row that his movies got nominated for best picture, he got nominated for best director, and all four of his actors/actresses got acting nominations. This must be some incredible record.  

Edited by LHC

The ethereal and beautiful Cate Blanchet has once again proved her worth in this field... Go Cate!!!

The surprising competition to Cate may actually come from Amy Adams for American Hustle. She had multiple nominations but yet to win one yet so may score some sympathy votes. 

I absolutely love her acting in Blue Jasmine, and Sally Hawkins, what a master they both were, so natural and just perfectly pitched! Anyone else would have been heavy handed. I think the Oscars should go to both Cate and Sally Hawkins. (Not SB pleeeease...)

But a friend thinks the sympathy votes might go to Dame Judi, for the same reasons, masterful actress, a few nominations and never won, elderly, health problems (some eyes problems and could go blind, sad), not sure if it's true though...

Edited by Y B

http://oscar.go.com/nominees

the list of nominees is up...

though I love films...rather strange that have not seen as yet even one of the films mentioned there ! *blink* not sure whats the go !

The studios often release their 'Oscar' films as late as possible so there is a better chance they'll be remembered by the Academy members.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_season

• 1 month later...

Leo is fantastic, I never see him as Leo when he takes on a roll, which is an indication of a talented actor to me. Bale is excellent in American Hustle, over shadows Amy Adams IMHO. Bruce Dern is absolutely fantastic in Nebraska, doesn't say much but he manages to portray someone we have all met before and can relate. But, at the end of the day, for me, Chiwetel should take it out, he did an amazing life story justice, he'll be helped by such a culturally important movie.

Blanchett for Blue Jasmine, and 12 Years for the big gong...