Game of Thrones

Guest Peter the Greek

Guest Peter the Greek

This is the best TV shown I have seen since Breaking Bad (completely different genre though). First two seasons are out on dvd/bluray, with season 3 kicking off soon in the US.

"Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/

It'd be in my top 5 TV shows ever - get into it

Who's your favourite character? I like Tyrion and the dude that Kalesi (spelling?) hangs out with

Love GoT, tv show and books.

Hoping to see Joffrey skinned alive one day, great acting, I f'ing hate him.

Arya is a cool character, I think the Dog is cool too, in a misunderstood kind of way.

John Snow, surely he's gotta wind up Lord Commander and maybe even a king himself.

Don't cross the Freys, woops poor Robb Stark does.

They've done a great job on the series. Great casting and script. Hats off to the producers for whittling down complex books to 10 episodes.

I started reading the books in '97 and book number 5 was released in 2011. The author writes very... slowly. The story started as a fairly major ensemble and with the last two books the number of characters have really ballooned and the pacing has dropped right off. So I'm very keen to see how HBO convert the last two books to the screen and whether they can maintain the quality of seasons 1 and 2.

Season 3 and 4 should be great as they are based on Storm of Swords, IMO the author's best work. After that - fingers crossed !

The author is in his sixties, not in great shape and health and with his glacial writing pace may not finish the books. That will be an interesting scenario for HBO if they run out of story.

• 2 weeks later...
The author is in his sixties, not in great shape and health and with his glacial writing pace may not finish the books. That will be an interesting scenario for HBO if they run out of story.

Apparently Martin has shared the major plot events with the makers of GoT so that, in the event of his death, the series can be completed satisfactorily. I for one sincerely hope he can finish the books; I've read all the ones published so far and am dying to see the ending. The Starks better get some goddam retribution!

I finished Season 2 on Blu-Ray yesterday (for the second time) just in time for Season 3 Ep1 - iTunes AU will have each episode available in 1080p just 2 days after they air in the US. I think this is a great effort and will be enough to convince me not to pirate this season!

This is possibly my favorite TV series ever. Only Band of Brothers and BSG contends for the top spot. HBO is on a roll.

Edited by twwen2

Watched the first episode of Season 3 last night and it was OK. It has been a while since season 2 ended though so I have to get back into the swing of it again seeing as season 2 finished on a relative high note!

I think my all time favourite tv show was Farscape. And that show actually ended with a movie which is what made it even better...

(I'll also add Startrek Voyager and Enterprise into my greats)

Edited by bjc

I finished the third book a few nights ago. I'm beginning to like Stannis Baretheons chances of becoming king. Seems to me he is the only contender who isn't a complete and utter dishonourable so n so.

Mind you, Mother of Dragons has a nice pair, she would be well loved. And what a brilliant thing to do with her first command to the Unsullied!

just downloaded the latest from iTunes.

now i need to figure out a way to get it to my HTPC. F*ck i hate iTunes

Me too. I tried just copying the file onto my Plex Media Server - no go. Looks like I'll have to install iTunes on the HTPC.

Me too. I tried just copying the file onto my Plex Media Server - no go. Looks like I'll have to install iTunes on the HTPC.

I gave up that fight and just got an Apple TV. It's the easiest solution and saves you having to mess up your HTPC.

It's a tiny black box that you can leave off most of the time.

I finished the third book a few nights ago. I'm beginning to like Stannis Baretheons chances of becoming king. Seems to me he is the only contender who isn't a complete and utter dishonourable so n so.

Mind you, Mother of Dragons has a nice pair, she would be well loved. And what a brilliant thing to do with her first command to the Unsullied!

Stannis is a nutcase.  Didnt they overthrow the previous king, ie: before the Baretheon's took over because he was mad?