Will "Geek Pulse" DAC/head-amp pass $1,000,000 crowd-fund?

b8f1d70d_geek_pulse_back_panel.jpeg

The crowd-fund campaign on Indigogo for the desktop DAC/AMP, Geek Pulse has reached a sweaty fever pitch in its last few days, with free passive updates promised if it passes $1M in total funding. 

I've personally funded a Geek Pulse X and a couple of extra bits in the hope of getting a killer (>$2000) DAC for relatively short change. It mostly falls down to chief engineer Larry Ho to come up with the goods by April 2014, but with a $1M budget I am quietly optimistic.

For those new to this, Light Harmonics are same team that created the high-end $20,000 Da Vinci DAC, as well as the $1000 Light Harmonic USB cable. They also recently crowd-funded Geek Out,a portable DAC/AMP on Kickstarter, which will be released in January, 2014.

Here's a pic of Geek Out's neat little PCB.  Any other backers on SNA of either Geek Pulse or Geek Out?

pro_view_img1.jpg

Edited by stefan534

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b8f1d70d_geek_pulse_back_panel.jpeg

The crowd-fund campaign on Indigogo for the desktop DAC/AMP, Geek Pulse has reached a sweaty fever pitch in its last few days, with free passive updates promised if it passes $1M in total funding. 

I've personally funded a Geek Pulse X and a couple of extra bits in the hope of getting a killer (>$2000) DAC for relatively short change. It mostly falls down to chief engineer Larry Ho to come up with the goods by April 2014, but with a $1M budget I am quietly optimistic.

For those new to this, Light Harmonics are same team that created the high-end $20,000 Da Vinci DAC, as well as the $1000 Light Harmonic USB cable. They also recently crowd-funded Geek Out,a portable DAC/AMP on Kickstarter, which will be released in January, 2014.

Here's a pic of Geek Out's neat little PCB.  Any other backers on SNA of either Geek Pulse or Geek Out?

pro_view_img1.jpg

They do a wholesale pack of 12 for around USD 250 each , are there 12 people interested here?

I'll organize it if get 12 takers in the next 12 hours, the funding ends in around 30 hours.

I'm in for a Geek Pulse S, plus Femto clock, plus upgraded parts, plus external linear LPS.

Will let you all know how it sounds in 6 months.... :(

I"ve held off on the LPS so far ;)

They do a wholesale pack of 12 for around USD 250 each , are there 12 people interested here?

I'll organize it if get 12 takers in the next 12 hours, the funding ends in around 30 hours.

That's a great idea statman. 

Geek Pulse has reached a sweaty fever pitch in its last few days, with free passive updates promised if it passes $1M in total funding...

They've just offered the original $999 Light speed cable for $699. And a bunch of other pre-release digital cables. 24 hours only!

Edited by stefan534

That's correct Trevor - same mob. An odd mismatch isn't it?

Am I correct that this is Light Harmonic labs who are sourcing crowd funding?

The same LH labs who sell the Da Vinci DAC for USD 20k?

Edited by stefan534

Interesting but options are bewildering and when you load all options it does get close to the $2k mark which gets to a pretty intensely competitive price point...

$700 gets you the dac, external power supply and upgraded clocks. I'm hoping it will get close to the Vega which is over $2K

$700 gets you the dac, external power supply and upgraded clocks. I'm hoping it will get close to the Vega which is over $2K

Tempting but I think I might be saving the pennies for this dht supratek upgrade which I hear is the bees knees in terms of delivering a step up... What do you reckon? ;)

It seems confusing but when you go through all the options it comes down to...

Geek Pulse S f - $538 USD

Geek Pulse X f - $558 USD

$40 shipping for either.

Either of the above is the premium choice, depending of if you want to focus on XLR or SE outputs.

Then you can add...

$99 for upgraded active parts.

$299 for external Linear Power Supply ($50 shipping for this).

So even if you go for the best with all upgrades, you still come in at around $1100.

Edited by agisthos

Guest Point source

I have the kickstarter Geek coming.

And the Pulse X with Femto clocks and extra 88$ upgrade and LPS.

Made the call based solely on who these guys were.

Depending on when I finally get it, 'may' Be able to lend it out for a couple of weeks of local GTG's.

Anyway early days yet..

What was interesting was the comment by engineer that the high end cable was not required / noticeable unless your kit was $50k plus.

Brian

It seems confusing but when you go through all the options it comes down to...

Geek Pulse S f - $538 USD

Geek Pulse X f - $558 USD

$40 shipping for either.

Either of the above is the premium choice, depending of if you want to focus on XLR or SE outputs.

Then you can add...

$99 for upgraded active parts.

$299 for external Linear Power Supply ($50 shipping for this).

So even if you go for the best with all upgrades, you still come in at around $1100.

Well I went...

X f plus upgraded amp plus geek blue plus lps 4 plus light harmonic USB cable and digital xlr's... $100 Shipping, exchange rates, credit card fx fees... And then... Ouch...

Guest Point source

Thought I had already replied to this thread BUT RUNNING IOS7 on an Ipad2 has not been a pleasant experience.

I have buy in on the KICKSTARTER geek and the Geek Pulse X with Femto clocks and the 88$ upgrade as well as the LPS.

So sometime next year I will be either one happy audiophile or really pi$);;: off.

At this stage given the pedigree of the team and the obvious marketing strategy that was in place well before, I am guessing I am on a winner..

When I finally get the Pulse, I may be able to make it available for several weeks of GTG's but let's see how it all pans out.

Regards, Brian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...