Job 225 Amplifiers Owners & Discussion Thread

I think it could be mine doing the rounds.

I think I have owned it for 3 weeks but actually only had it for a few days at my place!.

Very keen to get it back soon. Upgraded fuse should be here next week, so wil be interesting to see how that goes.

• Like 1

On both sides.....

Both sides?

On one side, we have a couple of posters exhorting the wonders of an amp that at least one of those people has never heard.

On the other side, we have several posters (myself included) suggesting that a cautious approach should be adopted in purchasing a product that cannot be first auditioned. Particularly given the nature of the person promoting the product. Suggesting caution is not an opinion. It is common sense.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox

The Job 225 amps quality and beautiful voice will speak for itself. They do offer a return with a restocking fee. It's more than fair in my book and you could always offer it for sale if you do not take advantage of the return. The owner of the Job amp I purchased on audiogon practically begged for its return. Of course I sold it back to him. There is nothing nefarious going on. These amps are GIFTS offered at $1700 delivered. Take advantage of it (or not) and hope they continue the sale of these babies. I for one hope they will eventually offer a preamp and dac at some point. These are Goldmund amps and sound amazing.

Edited by joeinid

More extremely positive reviews from OWNERS are popping up everywhere. The truth will set you free. :party

Hello Joe,

Where can i find these positive reviews of those owners, can´t find them.

Best regards and thanks!

Mikito

http://audioshark.org/amplifiers-8/#.Uogv7415hn4

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?10797-Job-225

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1371603241&&&/Anyone-have-ordered-the-Job-225-

Hello Joe,

Where can i find these positive reviews of those owners, can´t find them.

Best regards and thanks!

Mikito

Edited by joeinid

You are very welcome. Please read through some of the threads because some posters just added to the thread instead of starting new. I know of two additional Job 225 owners that love their amps but are not on any forums.

Thanks Joe,

Very kind!

Regards

Edited by joeinid

To buy or not to buy...that is the question?

Or more to the point,

To hear first before I buy or to not hear first before I buy, that is (also) the question?

Well, if anyone can afford to buy without listening to the amp first....so be it.

If they don't like it....so be it.

If they love it....so be it.

If they sell it then want it back ( :P)....so be it.

Any other opinions???....so be it.

Just do it nicely.... :thumb::welcome::)

I lent the Job Amp to someone with very demanding speakers and he was worried the heatsink was getting too hot after 1/2 an hour. Could not hold his hand on the heatsink for longer than a mili-second.

I just looked up the Exicon 10N20R and 10P20R (from the review there are A total of eight Exicon Mosfets) that are attached to the heatsink.

Reading the PDF from here http://www.profusionplc.com/pro/gex/pcatdtl0?ipartno=ECX10N20R

It looks like they have a channel temp of 150 degrees celius if I am reading it right.

Would that mean it should be fine if the heatsink is too hot to touch within reason? What would be a high temp of the heatsink when it might be too high?

Might lend him my heat gun to check the temps if he would like to try it again.

The Amp is been on all day with low level listening and it is 45 degrees right now.

When I was driving it harder in the day it reached 55 degrees on very effecient 6 ohm speakers.

Edited by rocky500

I was just playing some music for a while so I was getting just under 100dB peaks at the seating position.

Temp of heatsink is getting around 65 degrees.

Assuming an ambient of 25 C, that is too hot for comfort. The electros will suffer accelerated wear at those temps. Particularly, if ambient temps rise to (say) 35 C. See if you can provide more ventilation for the amp. Where did you measure the temperature? The correct place is as close to the output devices as is reasonably possible. That usually means the thickest piece of aluminium and not the fins.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox

Yes I pointed the heatgun at the heatsink (from behind the amp) and move it around and it keeps the highest temp all the time on the reading, so I would have thought it got readings from the meatty part as well as the heatsink fins.

The fins are close together though.

Edited by rocky500