• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jventer

Jventer

• Members
  • 1,822 posts
  • First Name:Johannes

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

I had family visiting for about two months during which the TV and HT system was utilised.

Last night I cranked the 2 channel system up for my wife with her favourite music: Frank Duval. This morning she left for Adelaide to visit her mum. An hour or so ago I put Leonard Cohen on -  being free to listen what I like. 

A few minutes later my 9 year old twin girls came to me and asked me to please put the girl on that sang last night. Such a precious moment.

" The girl" is one of the background singers. Anyway. I duly put Frank back on an the two proceeded to dance as gracefully as they could  with the music.

I feel blessed and privileged. Isn't it wonderful what music does!

Recently moved from Alice Springs to Grafton. Looking forward to some GTG's.

#2 unclemack

unclemack

• Members
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

Lovely mate. Music is truly the language than spans cultures and ages...

Very nice story.

Cheers

M

#3 rehabitat

rehabitat

Sliced Processed Alien Meat

• Members
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

I get a buzz when my four year old boy tells me he likes the music, and when I see him and his younger brother move and respond to music physically. It is such a natural and beautiful thing.

Sometimes the older boy is inspired to sit at our old family piano and tinkle along to something we are playing, or pound the guitar or banjo we have around. I bought the boys a cheap ukulele from JB today. Might learn to play it myself.

I am betterer than y_v because I drink beerer bet

☽╞═ↂ⍩∰═╡☾

#4 dolphy

dolphy

500+ Post Club

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

My daughter also enjoys music, she's always singing and I love watching her play the air guitar too.

Main System: AVR: Marantz SR8001, 2CH AMP: Vincent MK236, Speakers: Paradigm Studio 100 v5 DAC: Rega DAC, CD Player: Marantz CD6000OSE, Music Streamer: Sonos Connect, BD Player: Oppo 103AU, Turnatable: Pro-Ject RPM 5.1, Ortofon 2M Blue and Graham Slee Genera Phono.

Man Cave: AVR Marantz SR7000, DAC: Yulong D100, Music Streamers: Sonos Connect + Sonos Play 5, Speakers: Usher S520 (white)

Storage: NAS: QNAP TS-212

#5 OakenShield

OakenShield

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

Ditto here, my girls love music, they have a very diverse taste too, like their Dad :)

Love it

#6 shaky

shaky

• Members
  • 1,062 posts
  • First Name:Mr.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

On a few occasions I've found my 3 and 2yo boys dancing in front of my speakers. It's always very cute and brings a smile to my face. I've managed to record some of their movements too.

WORDS FAIL, MUSIC SPEAKS.

#7 Milo

Milo

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

Lovely story Jv, thanks for sharing.  Music is the universal language of the soul.  Hence my sig quotes below.

M.

"Music begins where words end." Goethe.

"I could compare my music to white light which contains all colours. Only a prism can divide the colours and make them appear; this prism could be the spirit of the listener." Arvo Part.

#8 Jventer

Jventer

• Members
  • 1,822 posts
  • First Name:Johannes

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

Lovely story Jv, thanks for sharing.  Music is the universal language of the soul.  Hence my sig quotes below.

M.

Love your signature

Recently moved from Alice Springs to Grafton. Looking forward to some GTG's.